Windows 10: Partition Monitor virtually

Discus and support Partition Monitor virtually in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Situation: I have dual monitor, one horizontal and one vertical. Question: I would like to partition the second vertical monitor into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Johnny Jackoff232, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Partition Monitor virtually

Hello,

Situation: I have dual monitor, one horizontal and one vertical.

Question: I would like to partition the second vertical monitor into a separate screen,so virtually create 2 screens on my vertical monitor. Is this possible? I'm using NVIDIA drivers for everything and I have geforce.

My second vertical monitor is 27" and it is rather unwieldy to use with all the windows I have. Would be perfect to be able to create a third screen that I could snap tabs/windows too.

Thanks

:)

Johnny Jackoff232, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Multitasking/Virtual Desktops on Dual Monitors

Hi,

Great question.

Virtual desktop can only work on your one monitor, the another monitor is just extension of your first monitor. Another option is to use

Hyper-V
    on other monitor.

Regarding on your idea you can raise it through the Windows Feedback App. You can post your suggestions or ideas that can help us improve the service that we provide.

How to find Windows Feedback app:

• Press Windows key+ Q, and type Feedback.
    • Select Windows Feedback and sign in using your Microsoft Account.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Mar 30, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Partition Monitor virtually

Can't remove Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue when you are trying to remove the Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition. This partition is just a virtual partition that is created by using the space within your physical hard disk, so that
    it can be used within Hyper-V. Since you are no longer using Hyper-V and you wish to remove the Virtual Hard Drive partition, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to remove the Virtual Hard Drive partition using Disk Management:

1. Press the Windows key and
      R key, this will open the Run dialogue box for you.
    2. Type diskmgmt.msc and press
      Enter, this will open the Disk Management Window for you.
    3. Your Virtual Hard Drive will be indicated by a ‘blue’ drive beside the
      Disk n (n is the disk number to which the VHD is associated), select the allocated
      Volume, right-click and select Delete Volume. You can check the picture below for your reference.

Partition Monitor virtually a9bbe536-f604-4912-9a6e-fdb56b275e03?upload=true.png

4. You will receive a prompt, click on
      Yes. This will delete the volume allocated to the Virtual Hard Drive and the space allocated will now be turned into an
      Unallocated space.
    5. To detach the Virtual Hard Drive completely,
      right-click on the Disk and select Detach VHD.
    6. You will receive a prompt, you may click on the check box to
      Delete the virtual hard disk after removing the disk. Click on
      OK

This will remove the Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition from your system.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to post your query in IT Pro

TechNet
    forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on the issues with Hyper-V and Virtual Hard Drive to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Partition Monitor virtually

1. Partition Monitor virtually - Similar Threads - Partition Monitor virtually

2. Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: I bought a second monitor recently and everything was working as expected till I started switching between the Virtual Desktops. Whenever I switch the Virtual Desktops in one monitor, it switches in the other monitor as well, is there a way I can display a different virtual...
  3. Virtual monitor or something

Virtual monitor or something: Hi, i got gaming laptop and a macbook pro and i really wish to play games on mac screen beacues it have 2k, high brightness and beautifull color. Is there a way to use a macbook (with bootcamp) as a external monitor for my gaming laptop? Both of them got thunderbolt 3. I will...
  4. Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue: I just setup a 2nd monitor to work from home. Using Windows 10, I am able to move things around from monitor to monitor without issue. However, when I login to the virtual desktop for work, I am unable to drag anything from work to the 2nd monitor.....the cursor moves, but...
  5. Virtual desktops on two monitors

Virtual desktops on two monitors: Is there a way to isolate workspaces among two displays. When I switch desktop on one screen, the desktop switches on the second screen also. How can I change this? submitted by /u/mithunvinayagamop3t [link] [comments]...
  6. Divide a monitor into several "virtual monitors", is it possible?

Divide a monitor into several "virtual monitors", is it possible?: I want to take a 4K monitor and divide it in 4 1080p virtual monitors, is there a way to do that entirely through software in windows 10? submitted by /u/tylercoder [link] [comments]...
  7. virtual desktop as multiple monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    virtual desktop as multiple monitor: Hi, my workspace use 6 display monitor from 1 PC - 1 monitor for main PC display - 5 monitor for business-related display (opening browser on different pages) - 1 PC (i5 7th gen, windows 10 pro) Those 5 displays are extended via HDMI splitter. My problem is moving...
  8. 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors: I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-virtual-desktops-on-2-monitors/05bb7182-d9b3-47c1-a2d7-8898497febb2
  9. Virtual Mem Page File Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Mem Page File Partition: Hi I have been given an Acer Laptop and I intend to do a fresh install of Windows 10. There is currently a partition named "E:\ Virtual Mem/page file leave empty" with a size of 20Gb. I don't understand why, if at all, it is needed and I have not seen this on other computers....
  10. Virtual corners with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual corners with dual monitors: So, I just upgraded from Windows 7, to Windows 10, and I've discovered an infuriating "feature". My dual monitor set-up is a little unorthodox. My desk is too small for two monitors side by side, and the shelf behind my desk is too short to have two monitors one atop...