Windows 10: partition my computer

Discus and support partition my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i partition my windows10 computer to accept a second OS chrome os ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rmel98, Jan 12, 2021.

1. rmel98 Win User

partition my computer

how do i partition my windows10 computer to accept a second OS chrome os ?

:)

rmel98, Jan 12, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

partition my computer partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

partition my computer

How to disappear the Z partition in "This PC"

Hi Disal,

To delete the Z: drive partition, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R. Type diskmgmt.msc, then hit
      Enter.
    • Right-click on the partition, then select Delete Volume to delete a partition.

Note: This option deletes every single file on the partition, please be careful when using it.

We also suggest running Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan and protect your computer from any viruses.

Update us with the result.

Riel Alc, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

partition my computer

1. partition my computer - Similar Threads - partition computer

2. After update failed to install tried to resize partition as per KB5028997 article computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update failed to install tried to resize partition as per KB5028997 article computer...: Yesterday I suddenly lost the ability to use Bluetooth on my primary pc last time this happened updating the system fixed the issue so I went to the update tab in settings and saw two updates were failing to install. After some searching I found the article " KB5028997:...
  3. After update failed to install tried to resize partition as per KB5028997 article computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update failed to install tried to resize partition as per KB5028997 article computer...: Yesterday I suddenly lost the ability to use Bluetooth on my primary pc last time this happened updating the system fixed the issue so I went to the update tab in settings and saw two updates were failing to install. After some searching I found the article " KB5028997:...
  4. After update failed to install tried to resize partition as per KB5028997 article computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I partitioned C: on a new computer, but set the volume too low. How do I move volume from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I partitioned C: on a new computer, but set the volume too low. How do I move volume from...: I partitioned C: on a new computer, but set the volume too low. How do I move volume from the new F: to C:? What should C: volume be for programs?...
  6. I partitioned C: on a new computer, but set the volume too low. How do I move volume from...

I partitioned C: on a new computer, but set the volume too low. How do I move volume from...: I partitioned C: on a new computer, but set the volume too low. How do I move volume from the new F: to C:? What should C: volume be for programs?...
  7. Computer is hacked. Clean install will not work. Malware on hidden partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is hacked. Clean install will not work. Malware on hidden partition: I have malware on my computer that has taken over my registry. Full install does not work. It is hidden. On a partition that doesn't show up in chkdsk. Infected my other devices and cellphone. No malware scan detects it. Bit defender did tell me I was missing a couple of efi...
  8. Computer is hacked. Clean install will not work. Malware on hidden partition

Computer is hacked. Clean install will not work. Malware on hidden partition: I have malware on my computer that has taken over my registry. Full install does not work. It is hidden. On a partition that doesn't show up in chkdsk. Infected my other devices and cellphone. No malware scan detects it. Bit defender did tell me I was missing a couple of efi...
  9. Computer is hacked. Clean install will not work. Malware on hidden partition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. I am using a imac and i partitioned the computer and now the windows side doesnt show the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using a imac and i partitioned the computer and now the windows side doesnt show the...: using a IMAC that is partitioned using VMWARE.I am using windows 10 pro on the paritioned driveI can not download anything new to that drive as it is now full.I just recently connected a brand new SSD and it worked yesterday.I pluged it in today, and it is now showing, this...