Windows 10: partition on HDD is showing unallocated

Discus and support partition on HDD is showing unallocated in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently upgraded my main HD to a SSD. After i was sure i could boot off my new drive i reformatted my old C: drive. It was previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kyle_062, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Kyle_062 Win User

partition on HDD is showing unallocated

Hello all,

I recently upgraded my main HD to a SSD. After i was sure i could boot off my new drive i reformatted my old C: drive. It was previously partitioned, and wanted just one drive for extra storage, so i removed it and was going to try and combine them. After i removed it i can no longer get it to come back or extend to the main part of the drive. When i check the Disk Management i can see the drive partition of 600G. If i try to extend my volume on the main drive or create a new simple volume on the now unallocated drive i get an error saying there is not enough storage on the drive 600G free. I would like to just have one drive but at this point even if i can just restore the drive id would except that as i've lost quite a bit of extra storage.

partition on HDD is showing unallocated df07ccee-69b4-44be-a26a-d7a77cdffbe3?upload=true.png partition on HDD is showing unallocated ce9bad18-5cb2-4fc7-b6fd-449a79c08c79?upload=true.png

Has anyone seen this before or know a way around this? I've been poking around this for too long and am curious if someone might know how to fix this?

:)

Kyle_062, Apr 1, 2020

2. Unresponsive HDD Partition.

I somehow managed to format the partition & its now unallocated space. Now, I cant create a new partition neither I can allocated that free space to other Partition. Can you suggest a way to repair that space in HDD?

-Thanks

ShehrozKhan1, Apr 1, 2020
  3. HDD partitioned to unallocated space after performing scan & fix on Windows 10.

Hello Kyle,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further on the query, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you able to view the hard disk in File explorer option on the PC?
    • With the hard disk connected to the PC, are you able to recognize the device under Disk management?

You might be facing the above issue due to the unallocated letter for the drive. Unallocated drives are those whose drive letters are not allocated when initially partitioned or after formatting. You will be able to view the drive on your PC if you have
    allocated a drive name for the partition created. The drive will not be visible on the PC if you do not allocate a drive letter or a drive name.

Method 1: Check if the drive is shown in File Explorer. If the drive is not shown in the
    File Explorer, allocate a drive letter to the HDD by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management
      option from the context menu. Check if the drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, right click on the Unallocated disk drive and select
      New Simple Volume option. Follow the onscreen instructions where in the process you will get to a window where you can allocate a drive name for the HDD.
    • After allocating a drive letter, right click on the drive and select
      Open
      . Check if you are able to open the drive in File Explorer.
    • Close the window and check if you are able to install Windows 10.

Method 2: As easeus partition wizard is not a Microsoft product, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer support for further assistance on the query if the issue persists.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 1, 2020
  4. partition on HDD is showing unallocated

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

partition on HDD is showing unallocated

1. partition on HDD is showing unallocated - Similar Threads - partition HDD showing

2. Moving Unallocated Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Unallocated Partition: I have some Unallocated space that is to the left of C:.I want to move it to the right of C: so I can add it to C:.Not sure how to do it.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-unallocated-partition/9be7e0e8-cebe-4772-94d4-a06138f8b2ed
  3. HDD Partition Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Partition Not Showing Up: Yesterday, I changed my motherboard and CPU and upgrade to Windows 10. Fortunately, that all went over without a hitch. Today, I installed my 4 TB HDD, my second hard drive from my "old" PC, into the rig. On that old computer with Windows 7, the 4 TB HDD had been split...
  4. Unallocated Partitions?

Unallocated Partitions?: does this disk management screen grab look ok? how about the two unallocated partitions in disk 0, can those be merged with c:? if so, is there a benefit? also, under volume it shows "disk 0 partition 2" and "disk 0 partition 5", is there a reason why the partitions numbers...
  5. Removing unallocated Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing unallocated Partition: I have a 600 meg unallocated partition. I've tried different methods to allocate it to the C drive with no luck. I can't move it beside the C drive either. Any suggestions?...
  6. Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated: Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from Explorer. Checked Disk Management and it is showing up in there and registers as 'Online' however all the space is now...
  7. Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

in Windows 10 Support
    Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated: Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from Explorer. Checked Disk Management and it is showing up in there and registers as 'Online' however all the space is now...
  8. unallocated partition

unallocated partition: Not often I look in disk management, but now I see that I have an unallocated partition on my SSD. I am certain that in the past there was not such a thing. My question is what might be a possible reason that such a partition develops? 96903
  9. HDD Partition becomes unallocated after Windows 10 installation.

HDD Partition becomes unallocated after Windows 10 installation.: I have a SSD where my operating system is installed. I also have a 3 3TB drives. A 746.52 partition on one of the drives became unallocated after installation of windows 10. I've managed to recover all the data from the unallocated partition. Would now like to fix...
  10. partition showing unallocated need to restore partitions

partition showing unallocated need to restore partitions: i was changing a hdd from mbr to gpt and the pc crashed now i have a hdd showing unallocated need to restore partitions. Tried minipartitiontools and it found the 4 partitions easily but wont restore unless i buy for $60, is there a cheaper or free way to fix this...