Windows 10: Partition Recovery

Discus and support Partition Recovery in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi! I recently came upon this post: Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery that discussed what appears to be a problem similar to one I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Scout123, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Scout123 Win User

Partition Recovery

Hi! I recently came upon this post: Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery that discussed what appears to be a problem similar to one I'm experiencing with my WD MyBook 2TB external hard drive. The drive suddenly disappeared from File Explorer...and when I checked Computer Management, it shows the entire drive as unallocated. I have used this drive to store some important files so I'm hoping the guru @Jimanji (or others) might be willing to help walk me through this partition recovery process, and/or data recovery if necessary. I have downloaded the Minitool Recovery Tool referenced earlier in that other thread and am attaching (I hope!) screenshots of Computer Management and the Primary screen in the MiniTool before proceeding. Should I highlight the drive and go ahead now and run the Partition Recovery Wizard? Thanks so much for any help!

:)

Scout123, Aug 10, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Aug 10, 2021
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Partition Recovery :)

RyoTakagi, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Mario Tum Win User

Partition Recovery

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Partition Recovery

1. Partition Recovery - Similar Threads - Partition Recovery

2. Weird Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Recovery Partition: Why is the partition not greyed at the top? Where did the partition go? If I go to Disk part on the command prompt, I could see that the weird partition is a recovery partition. Please help me fix the weird partition! I am afraid that my computer is broken....
  3. Hide recovery partition after relocating

Hide recovery partition after relocating: Hello everyone!I have recently did some trickery with the Recovery Partition under my Windows 10 installation, since I wanted to dual-boot first, but it didn't work, so I wanted to expand my Windows partition all across my 250GB SSD. That required me to move the Recovery...
  4. Does Healthy Windows Recovery Partition have to adjacent to Windows 10 partition to work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Healthy Windows Recovery Partition have to adjacent to Windows 10 partition to work?: I have an Acer E5-575 laptop. I am in the process of extending a 184.62 GB Windows partition, because I am running out of room. In order to extend the Windows partition using the Windows Disk Management utility, I had to move the "519 MB Healthy Recovery Partition" that was...
  5. 450 mb ssd recovery partition

450 mb ssd recovery partition: i installed another version of win 10 with a usb so all the windows filed were installed on my hdd and before that the booting files only were put on a 450 md ssd recovery partition so the booting was way too fast so how to get them back there ?...
  6. Any way to create/recover Windows' boot/recovery partition without the deletion of C:\

Any way to create/recover Windows' boot/recovery partition without the deletion of C:\: So I have 2 SSDs installed in my PC. One of them is my main drive were windows is installed C: / 1TB and another D: 240GB for random junk. I wanted to install linux onto the 240GB drive and in the process must have formatted the EFI partition and the MSR one. Leaving me with...
  7. Why Two Recovery Partitions

Why Two Recovery Partitions: In Disk Management show 2 recovery partitions??How many does Windows 10 need??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-two-recovery-partitions/9f474925-ae64-4151-89a3-8198c820c437
  8. Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING

Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING: Today I decided to clean install Windows 10 on my new SSD and format the old one.I used the pen-drive installer to install windows 10 on my SSD but when I got to Disk Management to format my old HDD.I see that my SSD does not have a recovery partition OR a EFI PartitionI...
  9. Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10?: I did a fresh install of Windows on a a friends HP computer that already had an OEM copy of Windows. During setup, the digital license from the OEM Windows was automatically applied to the machine and activated without any problems. I would like create a bootable recovery...
  10. Windows 10 c drive partition extend booting in recovery mode

Windows 10 c drive partition extend booting in recovery mode: I am in trouble as I tried to extend c drive partition of sony vaio which has windows 10 pro and came with windows 7 from factory.I used the process First, I shrink space from other drive then used move/resize with help of EASEUS.COM app. Then extended c drive successfully....