Windows 10: Partition Recovery

Discus and support Partition Recovery in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi! I recently came upon this post: Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery that discussed what appears to be a problem similar to one I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Scout123, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Scout123 Win User

Partition Recovery

Hi! I recently came upon this post: Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery that discussed what appears to be a problem similar to one I'm experiencing with my WD MyBook 2TB external hard drive. The drive suddenly disappeared from File Explorer...and when I checked Computer Management, it shows the entire drive as unallocated. I have used this drive to store some important files so I'm hoping the guru @Jimanji (or others) might be willing to help walk me through this partition recovery process, and/or data recovery if necessary. I have downloaded the Minitool Recovery Tool referenced earlier in that other thread and am attaching (I hope!) screenshots of Computer Management and the Primary screen in the MiniTool before proceeding. Should I highlight the drive and go ahead now and run the Partition Recovery Wizard? Thanks so much for any help!

:)

Scout123, Aug 10, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Aug 10, 2021
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Partition Recovery :)

RyoTakagi, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Mario Tum Win User

Partition Recovery

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Partition Recovery

1. Partition Recovery - Similar Threads - Partition Recovery

2. Windows 10 recovery partition KB5034441 - KB5028997

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 recovery partition KB5034441 - KB5028997: Hi,I have Windows 10 version 22H2 and I keep getting an error on KB5034441. I went to the KB5028997 page to try to fix the issue. So far, I have been successful fixing one PC but I have another PC for which the fix does not work.This PC is made of 3 drives. The main one is of...
  3. Windows 10 recovery partition KB5034441 - KB5028997

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 recovery partition KB5034441 - KB5028997: Hi,I have Windows 10 version 22H2 and I keep getting an error on KB5034441. I went to the KB5028997 page to try to fix the issue. So far, I have been successful fixing one PC but I have another PC for which the fix does not work.This PC is made of 3 drives. The main one is of...
  4. Windows 10 recovery partition KB5034441 - KB5028997

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reset a Windows 10 that does not have recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset a Windows 10 that does not have recovery partition: Hello,I recently reset my computer completely and reinstalled Windows. There is not recovery partition, and /reagentc commands don't work. /enable says "boot configuration data missing" and /setreimage does nothing. I checked via /info and it says it is still disabled.I wish...
  6. Reset a Windows 10 that does not have recovery partition

Reset a Windows 10 that does not have recovery partition: Hello,I recently reset my computer completely and reinstalled Windows. There is not recovery partition, and /reagentc commands don't work. /enable says "boot configuration data missing" and /setreimage does nothing. I checked via /info and it says it is still disabled.I wish...
  7. Reset a Windows 10 that does not have recovery partition

8. Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...: Hello,I am trying to backup my c:drive to my x:SeagateBackup drive but I am getting the following error message.My seagate drive is freshly formatted and has 7.3 tb of free space and my c:drive has 1 tb of free space, but the Windows Recovery Environment only has 45 mb of...
  9. Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...

Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...: Hello,I am trying to backup my c:drive to my x:SeagateBackup drive but I am getting the following error message.My seagate drive is freshly formatted and has 7.3 tb of free space and my c:drive has 1 tb of free space, but the Windows Recovery Environment only has 45 mb of...
  10. Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Recover permanently deleted files using comand prompt