Windows 10: Partition size and total disk space don't match

Discus and support Partition size and total disk space don't match in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Even though the partition size for Disk 0 is 953.87 GB, the total capacity shows up as 793 GB in the list of properties. There isn't any unallocated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TK421bsod, Jan 16, 2020.

1. TK421bsod Win User

Partition size and total disk space don't match

Even though the partition size for Disk 0 is 953.87 GB, the total capacity shows up as 793 GB in the list of properties. There isn't any unallocated space, and Drive E Disk 1's second partition has a capacity equal to the partition's size. How would I make the shown capacity equal to the partition size?

Partition size and total disk space don't match 5db92db6-0396-48a0-b83c-d44f971687e0?upload=true.png

:)

TK421bsod, Jan 16, 2020

2. Keyboard charachters don´t match

How to correct keyboard charachters if language region does match correct keyboard but charachters still don´t.

RodrigoIzquierdo, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Partition size and total disk space don't match :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 16, 2020
  4. fg2001 Win User

Esp.vhdx image of the EFI system disk shows a partition size 4MB shorter than the real disk.

I know all that, I started working on computers before you were born.

That does not answer the question about the missing 4MB on the FAT32 partition image when I mount the Esp.vhdx

The method used by Disk Management is the same and the size of the partition on the image should match the size shown on the real disk. The discrepancy is only on the FAT32 partition.

It looks to me that they just show the net capacity of the FAT32 partition instead of the total partition size, but why is this discrepancy only with the FAT32 partitions ?

The other partition sizes shown by disk management are the same on the real disk and on the mounted vhdx files.

fg2001, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Partition size and total disk space don't match - Similar Threads - Partition size total

2. Size of all files don't add up to total space used shown in 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Size of all files don't add up to total space used shown in 'This PC': My system drive C drive filled up completely and I have no idea how. I tried to check for files that might be eating up space in my C drive but even after adding up the sizes of all the files in the drive, it doesn't add up to the amount that is shown by in 'This PC' window....
  3. Size of all files don't add up to total space used shown in 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Size of all files don't add up to total space used shown in 'This PC': My system drive C drive filled up completely and I have no idea how. I tried to check for files that might be eating up space in my C drive but even after adding up the sizes of all the files in the drive, it doesn't add up to the amount that is shown by in 'This PC' window....
  4. File sizes and disk space don't add up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sizes and disk space don't add up: I have a 1TB disk "TheFdrive". Properties report it as 929GB capacity, 855GB used, 73.2GB free.But individually the various folders add up to less than half that.I've emptied the recycling bin, done disk cleanup, including system files, it says it doesn't need defragging. I...
  5. Size of all files don't add up to total space used shown in 'This PC'

Size of all files don't add up to total space used shown in 'This PC': Hi,There is a post about this issue already from 2017, but I cannot see any response to resolve it. Here is the link to that post; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-all-files-dont-add-up-to-total-space-used/fd002e32-0ba5-499b-9933-8365d55e2534 I...
  6. What's the difference between Size and Size on Disk? Disk Partition showing wrong space...

What's the difference between Size and Size on Disk? Disk Partition showing wrong space...: [This question has been answered. Thanks to Carlo. Please Answer 1 more question that is below]My E drive Not a system drive is showing 4.61GB size. But, it's showing 4.62GB size on disk. What's the difference between these? Actually in another drive the difference is 3GB...
  7. Increase partition size/space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase partition size/space: Does anyone know how I can increase the size of my partition C? I have 2 partitions that I don't use much and I want to take 100GB from each and add it to my partition C. submitted by /u/jasonslone [link] [comments]...
  8. Disk space doesnt match

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk space doesnt match: when i go to c:\users right click MYNAME folder and click properties it says it takes 75gb. when i open it and hit ctrl+a and then right click and hit properties it properties it only says 25gb. Where are the 50gb??? I have hidden files showing (i.e. i selected the folders...
  9. Hard disk free space and total folder size don't add up

Hard disk free space and total folder size don't add up: I'm trying to free up my hard disk for Windows updates but the numbers don't add up. In folder options I chose both "Show hidden files, folders, and drivers" and unchecked "Hide protected operating system files". I tried Disk Cleanup and scanned with Windows Defenders but...
  10. Disk not showing right total space

Disk not showing right total space: I have a 1TB hard disk installed on my device. It had 1002 GB usable hard disk space. Recently I shifted my OS to Linux then came back on Windows 10. Now it is only showing 930GB usable space. I have already tried chkdsk on cmd 2 times which resolved some errors on my disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. total partition size is not equal disk size