Windows 10: Partition size

Discus and support Partition size in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi so i was trying to dual boot ubuntu and windows and i tried to create a new partition for ubuntu but the maximum size for the partition is 134mb and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hugh Tatler, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Partition size

Hi so i was trying to dual boot ubuntu and windows and i tried to create a new partition for ubuntu but the maximum size for the partition is 134mb and i tried typing in the number of 60gb but it maxed out at 134 so i dont know what to do and if anyone has any help please reply to this

thanks

:)

Hugh Tatler, Sep 17, 2020
  2. fredde Win User

Partition Sizes?

My new system has 2 150 g Raptors in Raid0. I normally keep the O/S on one partition, installed applications on another, and my paging file on another partition. With a volume size of 300 gigs, what would you suggest as far as partition sizes are concerned?

Thank-You. *Smile Partition size :)*Smile Partition size :)

fredde, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Partition Sizes?

Depends on how much you need for each. For the one O/S....you should be looking at 15 GB (if using this partition to store things like documents, movies, pics...120 or more GB), page file...3-4 GB (since you only have 1 GB of ram), then the rest for installed applications.

kwchang007, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Partition size

partition size

^^ I would like to think that the gentleman is sufficiently intelligent to "interpret" the recommendations to suit his needs. He clearly has "other files" he wants to separate from the OS. The illustration is a reminder that more than two partitions can serve a purpose for file and directory management AND aid backup to equally sized HDDs.

Who cares what "type" of data is he wants to manage. He can apply the pricinples as he choses. *Wink Partition size ;)

Perhaps he archives interesting threads and comments from TPU moderators. I'd suggest he follows your suggestion of putting those in folders. The windows\temp directory for example. *Smile Partition size :)

lemonadesoda, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Partition size

1. Partition size - Similar Threads - Partition size

2. Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...: Hello,I am trying to backup my c:drive to my x:SeagateBackup drive but I am getting the following error message.My seagate drive is freshly formatted and has 7.3 tb of free space and my c:drive has 1 tb of free space, but the Windows Recovery Environment only has 45 mb of...
  3. Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...: Hello,I am trying to backup my c:drive to my x:SeagateBackup drive but I am getting the following error message.My seagate drive is freshly formatted and has 7.3 tb of free space and my c:drive has 1 tb of free space, but the Windows Recovery Environment only has 45 mb of...
  4. Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...: I am getting error 0x80070643 when running Windows Update. I ran through the steps in KB5028997 to increase the Windows Recovery partition. Everything appears to work up to the last step of running reagentc /enable when I get the Windows RE image was not found. below are the...
  6. 0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...

0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...: I am getting error 0x80070643 when running Windows Update. I ran through the steps in KB5028997 to increase the Windows Recovery partition. Everything appears to work up to the last step of running reagentc /enable when I get the Windows RE image was not found. below are the...
  7. 0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. What is a good healthy partition size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is a good healthy partition size?: What is a good size for the healthy partitions on my C: drive?I have an old Toshiba Satellite P55W-C5316 laptop running Windows 10. It is a bit of a "hangar queen" since it is too old to install Windows 11. Aside from the row with the Function keys and a few other keys being...
  9. What is a good healthy partition size?

What is a good healthy partition size?: What is a good size for the healthy partitions on my C: drive?I have an old Toshiba Satellite P55W-C5316 laptop running Windows 10. It is a bit of a "hangar queen" since it is too old to install Windows 11. Aside from the row with the Function keys and a few other keys being...
  10. What is a good healthy partition size?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging