Windows 10: Partition to Allow Windows 10 App Mods, Help?

Discus and support Partition to Allow Windows 10 App Mods, Help? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying unsuccessfully to modify game files for World of Tanks Blitz, which is an app on the Windows 10 App Store. I heard from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Silevern, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Silevern Win User

Partition to Allow Windows 10 App Mods, Help?

Hello,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to modify game files for World of Tanks Blitz, which is an app on the Windows 10 App Store. I heard from a fellow player that I need to make a partition on my hard drive and install the game on the partition, and doing so will allow me to modify the game files.

Problem is, I have no clue what a partition is, nor how to make one. Does anyone have a simple tutorial I can use to make this partition, and then how to install the Windows 10 app in that partition and how to set it up so I can modify the files?

Thanks

:)

Silevern, Sep 9, 2016
  2. Kempec Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update problem

I have already tried that. Product would not move the partition into unallocated space after

having reduced the C; drive partition in front by the needed amount. The 128MB System Reserved

partition does not show a file system, I tried EaseUS Partition Master Free, Mini Partition Master

Free and Paragon Partition software. None would move this partition. If during the install

Windows 10 install process had recognized that the System partition was only 100MB and

had to be 350MB and then done the necessary partition mods the problem I'm seeing wouldn't

exist.

Kempec, Sep 9, 2016
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1067 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632) -- Dec. 13, 2016

165 Users (i.e. Microsoft Customers need an answer
    on this parallel thread.

Is there an experienced person here who knows about partition parameters / EFI / ProfileImagePath(s) - (whatever they are)?

I hope that in these extreme circumstances the Mods will allow this cross-thread link.

Taffy087, Sep 9, 2016
Thema:

Partition to Allow Windows 10 App Mods, Help?

1. Partition to Allow Windows 10 App Mods, Help? - Similar Threads - Partition Allow App

2. Mod support/wrapper appearing in the Xbox app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mod support/wrapper appearing in the Xbox app: Just for people to keep in mind, I am enrolled in the 'Xbox App (Windows Gaming)' preview in the Xbox Insider Hub. You most likely need this to see it. I was browsing the Xbox app and noticed a new little upside-right ellipsis next to the play button on State of Decay 2,...
  3. system partition not allowed to be formatted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system partition not allowed to be formatted: How do I format a system backup disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-partition-not-allowed-to-be-formatted/4232d4d3-bd34-4e4e-aaac-0794131e3584
  4. Partition Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Help: Hello All- I am new to the forum. Straight up- I'm an old guy that bought his first PC in 1983. I'm fairly capable, but never really educated myself on partitioning. I have a few year old Asus ROG G75 that I bought at BB and recently decided to add an SSD to it. Got it...
  5. Help with partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with partitions: [ATTACH] So I just started to configure my new HDD to my desktop. Was happy that I finally got it working but now I'm faced with a brand new problem: where are my partitions????? There should be 3 other partitions there, right? ???????? If it's got something to do...
  6. Partition help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Partition help: I have 3 partitions. One is system reserved NTFS(system,Active, Primary partition), next is C: NTFS (boot, page file, crash dump, primary partition) last unallocated. It seems to be wrong. Can someone tell me what should be where and how to do it? Help is really appreciated....
  7. Kernel Mods

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kernel Mods: I have asked this question in a lot of places, and I cannot seem to get an answer. I am interested in launching a new market segment in workstation class computers. I have posed this question to the channel partner folks, and they seem to be stumped- The computer I would...
  8. Windows 10 allow app to make changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 allow app to make changes: I have installed Adobe Photoshop and Premiere How can I bypass having to authorise this app every time I open the app. Thanks Gordo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-allow-app-to-make-changes/22872d94-fbb5-4fdc-91b3-17cd47939c59
  9. windows 10 pro 1803 allow apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 pro 1803 allow apps: I have been watching YouTube to see how to allow an app though that has been blocked by the new control folder feature. I cannot seem to understand what you actually do when you are trying to allow an app which is blocked and you can see the path. Could you please help me...
  10. apps are not allowed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    apps are not allowed: Since 1803 whenever I try to instal anything, I get a notice it cannot be done and following is a statement about 'allowing an app'. It seems the firewall is too tight or something like that. I know nothing about this but I cannot enter an app if I don't see it when the popup...