Windows 10: Partition windows 10

Discus and support Partition windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When installing windows 10, I create 2 partitions. One for windows and one for me. Besides the 2 partitions, the one of SYSTEM, MSR and RECOVERY is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BoghiD, Sep 13, 2019.

1. BoghiD Win User

Partition windows 10

When installing windows 10, I create 2 partitions. One for windows and one for me. Besides the 2 partitions, the one of SYSTEM, MSR and RECOVERY is created. After their creation it shows me at my 2 partitions at type PRIMARY. After installing the windows I do not appear the second partition created, I have only the one where I installed the windows (C).

:)

BoghiD, Sep 13, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Partition windows 10

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Partition windows 10

1. Partition windows 10 - Similar Threads - Partition

2. Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD: OK, I've put this off long enough. This new system (HP Pavilion 590-p0044) was based on spinners, and what with all of HPs bloatware, etc., the machine wasn't fast enough. So, I added some RAM (no problems there) and a Samsung 860 EVO SSD SATA 6GB/s. And that's when the...
  3. win 10 pro 1803 screw up and cant del it, format or get rid of partitions !

win 10 pro 1803 screw up and cant del it, format or get rid of partitions !: WIn 10 1803 upgrade loops its self into thinking its just installed . My issue is I can't get rid of it . upgrading to latest version fails. 1) used ms disk management tools to try to del the partition and format . fails . 2) clone good win 10 install using...
  4. I can't partition my hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't partition my hard disk: Hi everyone, I'm using a Dell XPS 15 9570 and I'm trying to partition my C: drive but I'm facing an issue with storage. Even though I have more than 90GB free, every time I try to partition the disk I'm given only 2GB to work with. I've cleared up temporary files and...
  5. Where is my recovery partition?

Where is my recovery partition?: I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro two days ago. Before that a "Recovery" partition was missing so I could not do a "Fresh Start" or "Reset my PC". Now I can not find that partition either! I think it's supposed that Windows 10 installation process should create it...
  6. Do I need the 3 UEFI partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need the 3 UEFI partition?: Hi all, I have read that if I pre-partionate my SSD before the OS install (in another computer or with command prompt (diskpart) by pressing SHIFT+F10 at the region/language selection window of the installer), it won't create automatically the 3 UEFI related partitions...
  7. Can't extend C Drive because the partition next to C is Healthy Recovery Partition. What...

Can't extend C Drive because the partition next to C is Healthy Recovery Partition. What...: Hi, I would like to extend my C drive as it is often full but I cant seem to do it because the partition next to C is the healthy recovery partition. What should I do? Can I delete the healthy recovery partition? Will that be okay? Or is there a way to move the healthy...
  8. Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within?

Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within?: In my efforts to fix my previous problem, I resorted to a fresh install of Windows 10. I have two drives - one is an SSD on which I installed only Windows-related files, and the other is a 500gb traditional hard drive on which everything else was installed. It was during...
  9. Install Windows 10 From Windows RE Tools Partition

Install Windows 10 From Windows RE Tools Partition: Hello, I would like to replace my Windows 10 partition with GNU/Linux. If I leave Windows RE Tools partition on the SSD, will I be able to do a full Windows 10 restore again, from that Windows RE Tools partition? Thanks....
  10. W10 update/Loss of Drive partition. Has anyone had similar problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 update/Loss of Drive partition. Has anyone had similar problem?: Hi, I have lost my "Photos" drive partition. The only thing I can see that has changed or could have caused it is a series of recent Windows 10 automatic updates. The disc was partitioned for "Data" and "Photos" with the photo partition containing my editing software so I...