Windows 10: Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems.

Discus and support Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have partitioned my C drive and installed Wiindows 10 into the Key position. I need to install Windows 7 into the 2nd Partition. How is that done?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SaulKlinow, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems.

I have partitioned my C drive and installed Wiindows 10 into the Key position. I need to install Windows 7 into the 2nd Partition. How is that done?

:)

SaulKlinow, Jan 29, 2020

2. Change partition as system and to drive C

I just installed windows 7 x64 on drive B (boot,crash dump and primary partition), then i decided to completely remove vista x64 on drive c(system,page file,active and primary partition) and make that as another data storage.But i cant delete or format the drive C.How can i do it?And i want the windows 7x64 to be mark as drive C.Can you help me?They're both on same single hardisk.

rizshinigami, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Change partition as system and to drive C

Yes i've already tried that but it didnt have delete or format option on drive C. *Frown Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems. :( maybe it couldnt be delete because its contain the primary system(?).I coudlnt fresh install windows 7 on drive c because my dvd is corrupted *Frown Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems. :( so i had to install vista x64( dont have service pack) first then mount the iso to install win 7 on another partition which result vista x64 as drive C.

rizshinigami, Jan 29, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems.

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems.

1. Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems. - Similar Threads - Partitioned drive using

2. Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive: Been trying to do a dual boot with windows 11 & 10 on my c drive by running a windows 10 usb boot drive to install.It didnt work, windows 10 failing to create a boot setup and i`m left with lots of small 100MB partitions on my c drive. Any idea which i can remove, i`m trying...
  3. Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive: Been trying to do a dual boot with windows 11 & 10 on my c drive by running a windows 10 usb boot drive to install.It didnt work, windows 10 failing to create a boot setup and i`m left with lots of small 100MB partitions on my c drive. Any idea which i can remove, i`m trying...
  4. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  5. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  6. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Operating system stored on 2 hard drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Operating system stored on 2 hard drives?: I have been recently upgrading an old computer I have, i bough an ssd to copy the os onto, I unplugged the hard drive that didn't have os, turned on the computer and apparently it missing BOOTMGR I plug the other hard drive in and pc recovery is needed? Does this mean parts...
  8. Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives: My c: drive is failing so I need to move it a new SSD, however my system has system reserved partitions on 2 separate drives and to my untrained eye it looks as if the booting system reserved partition is G: which is not on the same disk as C: Windows 10 Pro version 1903...
  9. Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives: My c: drive is failing so I need to move it a new SSD, however my system has system reserved partitions on 2 separate drives and to my untrained eye it looks as if the booting system reserved partition is G: which is not on the same disk as C: Windows 10 Pro version 1903...
  10. One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger: The goal is to be able to boot from either of the two operating systems from the boot manger but i don't know how to do this do i have to install OS on one then unplug that HDD then install the OS on the other HDD any help and how do i get boot Boot Manger to work right?...