Windows 10: Partitioning a drive in windows 10

Discus and support Partitioning a drive in windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 1.8TB drive in my machine and would like to partition it into smaller drives. How do I do that? Thanks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EricEldridge, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Partitioning a drive in windows 10

Hi,

I have a 1.8TB drive in my machine and would like to partition it into smaller drives. How do I do that?

Thanks

:)

EricEldridge, Sep 14, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Partitioning a drive in windows 10

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Partitioning a drive in windows 10

1. Partitioning a drive in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Partitioning drive

2. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  3. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  4. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.: I have a 2tb USB hard drive which is full of data that I cannot access any more. The device does not show up in file explorer but I can see it in the disk format tool, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Right clicking on the main partition and trying to assign a drive...
  5. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.: I have a 2tb USB hard drive which is full of data that I cannot access any more. The device does not show up in file explorer but I can see it in the disk format tool, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Right clicking on the main partition and trying to assign a drive...
  6. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,: My C drive is nearly full. My data D drive has lots of space. Seagate is external drive. I want to increase C drive space. I used Easus partition master but its one click step says "‘your disk {Disk 0} is almost full, so adjustment operation cannot be executed".I attach my...
  8. need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,: My C drive is nearly full. My data D drive has lots of space. Seagate is external drive. I want to increase C drive space. I used Easus partition master but its one click step says "‘your disk {Disk 0} is almost full, so adjustment operation cannot be executed".I attach my...
  9. need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,

10. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...