Windows 10: Partitioning Drives & Using the 2nd Partition for Programs

Discus and support Partitioning Drives & Using the 2nd Partition for Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok so, I have a 240GB SSD. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to do a fresh install of Windows 10, and Split the Partitions. Maybe have 20GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RainbowPride, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Partitioning Drives & Using the 2nd Partition for Programs

Ok so, I have a 240GB SSD. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to do a fresh install of Windows 10, and Split the Partitions. Maybe have 20GB used for Windows 10, and use the other partition to install software. Would that be beneficial even though I have an SSD or is it just a waste of time?

:)

RainbowPride, Jul 13, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Partitioning Drives & Using the 2nd Partition for Programs

Hard drive partitioning

I seem to recall, many moons ago, a hard drive partitioning program, that could partition a hard drive without having to reformat it. What would the best program to use be?

BradleyKZN, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Partitioning Drives & Using the 2nd Partition for Programs

1. Partitioning Drives & Using the 2nd Partition for Programs - Similar Threads - Partitioning Drives Using

2. Drive partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive partitions: So windows corrupted on 1 of my drives and it auto changed to a format that can't hold windows and I can't change it back as the system boot partition is still on there and I can't delete it, with everything that I have used it comes up with an error, diskpart, the partition...
  3. Drive partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive partitions: So windows corrupted on 1 of my drives and it auto changed to a format that can't hold windows and I can't change it back as the system boot partition is still on there and I can't delete it, with everything that I have used it comes up with an error, diskpart, the partition...
  4. partition drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    partition drive: is there a windo store I can take my computer to get it fixed my prob is, my computer crashed but I was able to put it all on the partition drive, but I cant open it up so if I was able to take it to a store how much would it cost...
  5. Partitioning of Drive

Partitioning of Drive: I have only one partition or drive i.e. Drive C on my PC since I bought my PC about 1 1/2 years back. Did I need partitioning my drive after purchase of PC? If yes, can it be done now without deleting my files? My PC is running on Windows 10 Home and Office 365 is installed...
  6. 2nd partition recovery

2nd partition recovery: No warnings.....but 1.68 GB free of 14.99 GB Recovery D.....2nd partition on main drive. Is it possible WIN 7 Recovery still in partition 2 , along with WIN 10 Home Edition 64bit ?...
  7. Drives Partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drives Partition: My friend installed windows on my laptop and he made partition too wrong. I want to give space to C dive less and other two drives more. How can I extend the partition without installing windows again?...
  8. Partitioning Drives & Using the 2nd Partition for Programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitioning Drives & Using the 2nd Partition for Programs: Ok so, I have a 240GB SSD. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to do a fresh install of Windows 10, and Split the Partitions. Maybe have 20GB used for Windows 10, and use the other partition to install software. Would that be beneficial even though I have an SSD or is...
  9. Drive Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive Partitions: I had a 120 GB SSD as my C drive in Win 10 and ran out of space. Installed a WD 250 GB SSD and used Acronis software to clone C on to the new G drive. It partitioned that drive right down the middle (two sections of 119GB Primary and 113GB Recovery partition. I'd like to...
  10. Partition drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition drive: Hi please see attached screenshot and advise if and how I can make a new partition and move my windows installation to it. 89454