Windows 10: Partitioning Hard drive

Discus and support Partitioning Hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My hard disk performance is reduced drastically. Will partion help to increase performance. My pc is old and so hard disk. I only use it to store video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RahulMakwana#, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Partitioning Hard drive

My hard disk performance is reduced drastically. Will partion help to increase performance. My pc is old and so hard disk. I only use it to store video files and other data.

:)

RahulMakwana#, Nov 8, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Nov 8, 2020
  4. badrobot Win User

Partitioning Hard drive

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. Partitioning Hard drive :)

badrobot, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Partitioning Hard drive

1. Partitioning Hard drive - Similar Threads - Partitioning Hard drive

2. Partitioning a Hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitioning a Hard drive: Hi, I recently installed a new HDD and was hoping to create a partition in order to keep my programs separated for organisation reasons. If anybody knows how to create a hard drive partition in windows 11 then I would appreciate the help a lot thanks. x...
  3. Partitioning a Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning a Hard drive: Hi, I recently installed a new HDD and was hoping to create a partition in order to keep my programs separated for organisation reasons. If anybody knows how to create a hard drive partition in windows 11 then I would appreciate the help a lot thanks. x...
  4. Hard Drive partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive partition: I have preloaded windows on my new laptop. How to partition my 1TB hard disk without losing my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-partition/b262ef77-82ee-4640-b5ed-34be8176ede0
  5. Hard drive partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive partitions: I cloned my 1TB hard drive to my 4TB hard drive and there are 2 unallocated sotrage I can allocate one but I can't do anything with the other they are at C: 930.94GB G: 1116.49GB leaving me with 1678.02GB that I can't allocate or merge with any of the other 2 or merge all 3...
  6. Hard Drive Partitioning

Hard Drive Partitioning: Good day Team. I have a system that came with 16GB, and 256 SSD. WINDOWS 10 PRO VERSION: 1909 OS BUILD: 18363.815 MODEL: LENOVO THINKPAD T450 Please how do I PARTITION the hard drive? Thank you....
  7. Hard Drive Partition

Hard Drive Partition: I have a hard drive from an old laptop that I would like to create a virtual machine for on my current laptop. What would be the best process to partition the drive on my Windows 10 to do this?...
  8. Combine Hard Drive Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combine Hard Drive Partitions: I am trying to combine my C: with D:. There are 3 other partitions on the drive and I'm not sure which partitions it is safe to delete or combine. 1st Partition: 1.36 GB Healthy (Recovery Partition) 2nd Partition: 518 MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) 3rd Partition:...
  9. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    partitioning hard drive: hi all this is a question about GPT UEFI and LEGACY partitions if I install in legacy mode on a 1 TB drive with no partitions will my laptop run ok I dont understand why GPT gives 4 partitions and I dont understand UEFI please explain all 3 options. many thanks to all that...
  10. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    partitioning hard drive: While I had windows XP I partitioned my hard drive and had ubuntu running side-by-side with windows. When I tried that with windows Vista ubuntu wiped out everything and took over the whole drive. How can I partition my hard drive and install ubuntu without losing win 10?...