Windows 10: Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

Discus and support Partitioning of C drive which is already in used in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Team,I have laptop with 1TB SDD and one local C drive which is already in use. But now I want to partition the C driver. But when I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Amir Ali Ansari, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

Dear Team,I have laptop with 1TB SDD and one local C drive which is already in use. But now I want to partition the C driver. But when I am trying to do, I get the following page:Here you can see that 662.77GB is available in C drive, but "Size of available shrink space in MB: is only 4426" which is only 4GB approx.Can anyone please help me with issue?

:)

Amir Ali Ansari, Nov 24, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CPartitioning of C drive which is already in used :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

1. Partitioning of C drive which is already in used - Similar Threads - Partitioning drive already

2. Partitioning of C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitioning of C Drive: I have 210 GB free space with a C drive of 251 GB. I have been trying to create a separate partition of 100 GB and 151 GB will be left on C drive. I find that shrink volume is only 1.50 GB. Pease help me if it is possible to partition and what steps do I need to follow....
  3. Partitioning of C Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Partitioning of C Drive: I have 210 GB free space with a C drive of 251 GB. I have been trying to create a separate partition of 100 GB and 151 GB will be left on C drive. I find that shrink volume is only 1.50 GB. Pease help me if it is possible to partition and what steps do I need to follow....
  4. Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitioning of C drive which is already in used: Dear Team,I have laptop with 1TB SDD and one local C drive which is already in use. But now I want to partition the C driver. But when I am trying to do, I get the following page:Here you can see that 662.77GB is available in C drive, but "Size of available shrink space in...
  5. Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning of C drive which is already in used: Dear Team,I have laptop with 1TB SDD and one local C drive which is already in use. But now I want to partition the C driver. But when I am trying to do, I get the following page:Here you can see that 662.77GB is available in C drive, but "Size of available shrink space in...
  6. Partition of the drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition of the drive c: I have purchased a laptop with memory 1 TB, NOW IN C drive 908 Gb in whcih 883 free available in c drive, now i want to make partition of c drive like on c drive 200 GB AND remaining in d and e drive each 340Gb , but when shrinking the existing drive showing the fillowing...
  7. How do I find which partition is Drive C?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find which partition is Drive C?: I'm getting the BSOD and none of the advance options are working. I created a bootable drive and am reinstalling windows. There are 2 options: 1. Upgrade, but this option isn't working because I need to do it when I start windows normally. Which I can't do because I have BSOD...
  8. c drive partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    c drive partition: Hi I'm using DELL Vostro 5468. it came preinstalled with windows 10. I got 405 GB free (out of 462 GB ) in my C drive. I wish to use 200 GB for Ubuntu which I'm going to use with dual boot. The issue is I cant shrink the C drive , when I try to shrink it says only 1.2 GB...
  9. C drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive partition: I recently bought a new laptop, which has windows 10 home single language inbuilt. It has only C drive and no other partitions at the time of purchase. Now I want to make C into more partitions, But it is not possible to split the C drive. I have tried so many times by Disk...
  10. Partitions on C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions on C Drive: I am not sure how or when this occurred but I somehow seem to have ended up with 2 Healthy (recovery partition) both of which are different sizes. [img] I assume I don't need both, but how do I determine which is being used? Anyone?? TIA 45965