Windows 10: partitioning on windows 10 on a 1tb ssd?

Discus and support partitioning on windows 10 on a 1tb ssd? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i will receive my new computer soon, and it has a 1 tb ssd. i was under the impression that generally, it was not recommended to partition ssd's.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/murfi, Mar 22, 2021.

1. /u/murfi Win User

partitioning on windows 10 on a 1tb ssd?

i will receive my new computer soon, and it has a 1 tb ssd.

i was under the impression that generally, it was not recommended to partition ssd's. but now i read that for 1tb or larger capacities, its no biggie - is that true?

generally i would prefer some split like 150gb for windows, and 850gb for everything else. does that make sense? should i just use the disk management tool to do that?

also, what size would make sense for windows 10? 150 too small, just right or should i go bigger?

submitted by /u/murfi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/murfi, Mar 22, 2021
  2. cereberus Win User

Ugrading my 1TB MBR HDD to a 4TB GPT SSD

You should do steps as follows

1) clone 1TB hdd to SSD

2) run mbr2gpt utility to convert ssd to uefi

Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss

3) extend 1tb partition on SSD to 4TB using tool like Easeus Partition Master (free version is ok).

Step 2 is the critical step.

cereberus, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Carsomyr Win User
    Partition SSD during windows 10 install

I'm assembling a new PC and running a fresh windows 10 install. I'd like to know how to partition the ssd into 2 separate partitions during the windows install (I'm using a bootable usb drive to install Windows).

I want to know if I need to input specific settings for those partitions or if it's all automatic?

I need one partition for Windows on and another for my documents. The ssd has 960gb size.

So I'm guessing it has about 60gb over-provisionning. I could leave out a bit more, but it probably doesn't matter that much

Carsomyr, Mar 22, 2021
  4. BB_484 Win User

SSD Partition

Hi,

I am trying to partition my 1tb SSD which currently has only the system partition for full 1tb with Win 10 pro installed. When trying to shrink, it does not show the maximum space available for shrink, It is only allowing half of it. Can any one answer why
    is it to and what's the solution? Thanks in advance.

BB_484, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. partitioning on windows 10 on a 1tb ssd? - Similar Threads - partitioning 1tb ssd

2. Partition SSD Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition SSD Windows 10: I really need assistance. I bought an HP Pavillon bootable on Windows 10 Home, but I had lost administrator password. So I have decided to "clean all" the disk SSD in which Windows 10 Home was installed. The fact is that now the disk do not appear in CMD when I "list disk"...
  3. Partition SSD Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition SSD Windows 10: I really need assistance. I bought an HP Pavillon bootable on Windows 10 Home, but I had lost administrator password. So I have decided to "clean all" the disk SSD in which Windows 10 Home was installed. The fact is that now the disk do not appear in CMD when I "list disk"...
  4. Partition SSD Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 1tb ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1tb ssd: I have bought A 1TB SSD recently for my custom pc and I put it in and i see it only says 478gb and drive C i have been trying to find the other drives and find out where my other half went did anyone have this? and if you had fixed it can you tell me how?...
  6. Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?: Windows 10 V2004 Transferring from an older PC to a new computer that has a 1TB SSD. Windows 10 is installed on new PC. Can I (should I) create partitions or artificial "drive" letters or just folders to divide up the space for transfers? 166327
  7. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  8. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  9. questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD

questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD: I have a fairly new Dell 8900 and want to swap its 1TB HDD with a new Crucial 1TB SSD I plan to clone the existing HDD using Macrium7 to the new SSD, then remove the HDD and install the new SSD in its place. Would this work? Would the currently existing SATA cable work with...
  10. Windows 10 Partition Help on 1TB HDD

Windows 10 Partition Help on 1TB HDD: Hi, I've got a 1tb hdd that I solely use for storing movies/video files. Atm it's divided into two partitions, one of them is 390gb and the other is 540gb, but the 390gb partition is full. I'd like to merge these two partitions into one larger partition without losing my...