Windows 10: Partitioning the Windows 10 Pro installation hard drive

Discus and support Partitioning the Windows 10 Pro installation hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on installing Windows 10 Pro. Dear Sir / Madam Please tell me when I install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdrianDragomir1, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Partitioning the Windows 10 Pro installation hard drive

Hello,

I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on installing Windows 10 Pro. Dear Sir / Madam Please tell me when I install Windows 10 Pro and get to the partitions (partitioning) the document partition is the first but I want the Windows partition to be the first.
    How can I do the partition reversal to be the first one with Windows and not the document partition.
    I am waiting for an answer from you in this regard !!!
    Thank you!!!
    A good day!!!

:)

AdrianDragomir1, Oct 24, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Partitioning the Windows 10 Pro installation hard drive

Hard drive partitioning

I partition during a windows install...granted I only format the OS partition during that setup, format the other partition(s) after OS install. Works fine fore me, XP and Vista installs both have worked fine for years doing this, otherwise, Partition Magic does the trick.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Partitioning the Windows 10 Pro installation hard drive

1. Partitioning the Windows 10 Pro installation hard drive - Similar Threads - Partitioning Pro installation

2. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition: I have a bunch of unallocated partitions on the left side of the C drive and I can't extend the C drive volume. How can I move those unallocated spaces to the right side of the C drive?...
  3. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition: I have a bunch of unallocated partitions on the left side of the C drive and I can't extend the C drive volume. How can I move those unallocated spaces to the right side of the C drive?...
  4. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Partitioning a Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning a Hard drive: Hi, I recently installed a new HDD and was hoping to create a partition in order to keep my programs separated for organisation reasons. If anybody knows how to create a hard drive partition in windows 11 then I would appreciate the help a lot thanks. x...
  6. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partitions ...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partitions ...: Hello all, Which partitions can I safely delete on my hard drive please see image from Disk Manager? I really don't know diddly about this and don't want to delete something I will most surely regret. All I want on my primary drive is the essential stuff. Thank you....
  7. Is it important to partition my hard drive for Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it important to partition my hard drive for Windows 10 Pro?: I installed Windows 10 ona new SSD and missed the option "unallocated space on disk 0".Is it really necessary to partition SSD? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-important-to-partition-my-hard-drive-for/9be287f3-d658-4751-969c-be06fc308c3f"
  8. Windows Partitions on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Partitions on Hard Drive: Can someone tell me what partitions I should have on my hard drive after I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows Home Premium Build 10586. I have some new small partitions and I don't know if they belong to the OS or they got allocated from another source. 32507
  9. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    partitioning hard drive: hi all this is a question about GPT UEFI and LEGACY partitions if I install in legacy mode on a 1 TB drive with no partitions will my laptop run ok I dont understand why GPT gives 4 partitions and I dont understand UEFI please explain all 3 options. many thanks to all that...
  10. Partition hard drive to install Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition hard drive to install Windows 7: Hello all, I've already upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop PC, and there were no issues with the upgrade. However, I work from home and my work has informed me that they won't accept Windows 10, they will only accept 7 or 8.1 as their operating system (they also only...