Windows 10: Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back

Discus and support Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Recently upgraded to w10 from w8.1 via the upgrade option, then proceeded to make a USB boot with w10 and performed a clean install. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by knugelknut, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back

Hello
    Recently upgraded to w10 from w8.1 via the upgrade option, then proceeded to make a USB boot with w10 and performed a clean install.

However, something is fishy with my system and w10 so for now i want to revert back to w8.1 via a clean install of w8.1
    When i installed w10 however i noticed i have an abundance of partitions, and preferably i would only like to have my SSD and HDD as optional storages spaces. I do of course not want to delete any necessary recovery or system partitions, but to me it seems like i currently have too many.

Which of the partitions in the picture below can i delete?
    is it safe to delete all the recovery partitions when clean installing w8.1 from usb? meaning that will the installation create the necessesary partitions required by windows?

hope someone can help me out.
    see picture for info(gjenoppretting = recovery)

Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back [​IMG]

:)

knugelknut, Aug 10, 2015
  2. polr Win User

dual boot with free upgrade

can i do clean install on a different partition after win10 upgrade than revert back to win7 for my primary

3. Can I install back previous version of Windows after clean install of Windows 10?

Hi Lukas,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As per the query, you have questions with regards to reverting back to previous Windows after clean install of Windows 10.

Yes, you will be able to revert back to your previous Windows through the hidden partition. To revert back to previous Windows you should install Windows 10 on a different partition other than the hidden partition.

Also I would suggest you to download and install Windows 10 on your tablet through the ISO download.

Hope this information helps, please get back to us for further support on Windows. We will be glad to help you.

Thank You

Mohamed_Ameen, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back

you can delete All the partitions on Disk 1, C drive disk

the first 300MB partition is recovery for windows 8 and the last 457MB partition is recovery for windows 10

5. can i even delete the EFI partition? or should i even?
    if i understand you correctly, ill then ,atleast before the install, only have 1 big C: partition in disk 1, and the D: partition in disk 0? and then w8.1 installation wil create a recovery partition during install?

thank you for the quick answer!

knugelknut, Aug 10, 2015
  6. in by should i delete the EFI partition i mean is it suggested I do this? *Smile

knugelknut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back

1. Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back - Similar Threads - Partitioning trouble upgrade

2. Trouble after clean install of 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble after clean install of 22H2: My HP Elite x2 G8 tablet runs Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with no issues. However, the 22H2 auto update failed and rolled back so I thought I'd try a clean install using the ISO file and Media Creation Tool.The clean install worked fine except for one thing: the touch-screen numeric...
  3. Trouble after clean install of 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble after clean install of 22H2: My HP Elite x2 G8 tablet runs Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with no issues. However, the 22H2 auto update failed and rolled back so I thought I'd try a clean install using the ISO file and Media Creation Tool.The clean install worked fine except for one thing: the touch-screen numeric...
  4. Reverting back to windows 10 through a clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting back to windows 10 through a clean install: Hi,As said in the title I was wondering whether it would be dangerous to clean install the windows 10 version on my laptop while its system operates on windows 11. My laptop Yoga Slim 7 stopped working after updating drivers which leads me to think one of them was faulty: it...
  5. Reverting back to windows 10 through a clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting back to windows 10 through a clean install: Hi,As said in the title I was wondering whether it would be dangerous to clean install the windows 10 version on my laptop while its system operates on windows 11. My laptop Yoga Slim 7 stopped working after updating drivers which leads me to think one of them was faulty: it...
  6. Reverting back to windows 10 through a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. clean install after deleting partitions

clean install after deleting partitions: I have deleted the partitions, and have the unallocated space partition, clicked on next, but it won't progress. There's an hourglass that just sits there. Nothing happening....
  8. After Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep

After Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep: *sarc*sarc Just wondering looking at my partitions after upgrading to windows 10 . [img] do i need to keep the last too partitions? i love windows 10 and had presumed that after a clean install my old windows 8 and 8.1 would be removed are these last too files remainders...
  9. Clean Install after upgrade

Clean Install after upgrade: I got a legit copy of windows 7 and i did the update to windows 10, but my PC seems slow and it seems like there is a lot of junk and left over files... idk, i want to do a clean install, but i dont want to loose my genuine copy of windows. also, i have about 1tb of games...
  10. reverting back after installing

reverting back after installing: If i install the latest iso release of 10; is there still a way to revert back to my version of 7 until the final release of 10 comes out next month? 6706