Windows 10: Partitions are Different and Weird!

Discus and support Partitions are Different and Weird! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running 1703, there was a big update the other day, and now I see the screen below. It's confusing, weird, and I'd like to change it but am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DenverDude, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Partitions are Different and Weird!

I am running 1703, there was a big update the other day, and now I see the screen below. It's confusing, weird, and I'd like to change it but am worried about wrecking the system.

Disks 2-4 are locked up - I can't assign USB drives unless I use disk 5.

Very strange. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

:)

DenverDude, Sep 16, 2017

2. Access denied to a weird local unit that just shows up

I understand that tutorial shows how to manage partitions , so that weird unit is indeed a partition of my drive?

Before managing it I would like to be sure it will not damage my laptop...

Aquila Noctis, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Partitions are corrupted and Windows 10 recovery didn't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.
    • Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 16, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Partitions are Different and Weird!

I'm not seeing anything weird there at all, except for the System Reserved partition on Disk 1 which looks like a holdover from a previous OS that booted in legacy BIOS mode. What do you think is so weird about it? Because your layout is not showing "system" inside the parentheses for the System Reserved partition on disk 1, you can probably delete that partition. It's interesting you don't have a drive letter assigned to the second partition on disk 1, what are you using disk 1 for?

NavyLCDR, Sep 16, 2017
  5. Before it only used Disk 0. Disk 1 was unused. Then there is the inability to use 2-4. There was never another OS on the machine - unless pre-Creator is considered another OS. I wrote to PC vendor (it's an Intel NUC) and they said it was very odd to them, too.

Maybe it's nothing to worry about.

Thanks.

DenverDude, Sep 16, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well, you've got something plugged in that the NUC is reading as a disk drive.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Partitions are Different and Weird!

1. Partitions are Different and Weird! - Similar Threads - Partitions are Different

2. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  3. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  4. Some kind of weird invisible partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some kind of weird invisible partition: Hello, Idk what should I name this thread but I'm having a problem with a real invisible partition..In my defragment options, I found this weirdo that didn't show up in the disk management:If that's normal, let me know, if not then tell me how to fix this...
  5. Weird Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Recovery Partition: Why is the partition not greyed at the top? Where did the partition go? If I go to Disk part on the command prompt, I could see that the weird partition is a recovery partition. Please help me fix the weird partition! I am afraid that my computer is broken....
  6. Connected HDD’s Partitions Are Weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected HDD’s Partitions Are Weird: Hello there. After some problems with my previous Windows that faced some problems and ran into a blue screen that caused a lot of problems for my HDD that made it unusable, I decided to connect my laptop’s internal HDD to another computer. Sadly I see partitions like this...
  7. Query : weird partition with weird folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Query : weird partition with weird folder: Hi all. To start, I've got a Dell pc. It seems they add weird partitions. I've got the normal ESP partition first. It's fat32. The second partition, I believe it's created by Windows, is 40mb and is labeled "diags". The strange thing is that it's also fat32 and includes one...
  8. What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition: Why does my hard disk have a 500 megabytes unnamed active partition and and a normal 150 gigabytes boot partition as the C:\ Drive? I had thought that active, boot and system partitions were one and the same. 126832
  9. What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition: Why does my hard disk have a 500 megabytes unnamed active partition and and a normal 150 gigabytes boot partition as the C:\ Drive? I had thought that active, boot and system partitions were one and the same. 126832
  10. Install on a different partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install on a different partition: Hi, I have made the Windows 10 UPGRADE, and now I want to make a clean install but on a different partition, will it still recognize it as the same computer or will it ask for a new Product-Key? 52303