Windows 10: Partitions in Windows 10

Discus and support Partitions in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just installed Winders 10 Pro on a used PC just acquired. I wanted to dual boot with a Linux distro but when I run fdisk -l in Linux it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by worldstream, May 20, 2020.

1. Partitions in Windows 10

I have just installed Winders 10 Pro on a used PC just acquired. I wanted to dual boot with a Linux distro but when I run fdisk -l in Linux it only shows two partitions for Windows, so I can't install Linux as it needs an EFI partition. Any ideas?.

:)

worldstream, May 20, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Partitions in Windows 10

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Partitions in Windows 10

1. Partitions in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Partitions

2. Windows 10 xcopy efi partition - sharing violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 xcopy efi partition - sharing violation: I am trying to set up a shadow disk on my Windows 10 machine upgraded from Windows 7 a couple years ago. I have installed a 2nd identical hard drive and I am following the directions below:...
  3. Storage partition sizes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage partition sizes: Available data: Partition C: Recovery 14.6 GB used 63.7 MB free. Partition E: OS 71.3 GB used 146 GB Free Problem. I can't add any new apps presumably because of the full C: I recently had a problem being unable to boot up the new Windows 10 with its latest updates. This...
  4. Missing System Reserved Partition

Missing System Reserved Partition: I'm not sure how it happened yet I seem to be missing my system partition for one of my drives. Everything still boots yet sometimes the system just sits on a black screen and I have to reset during boot. This is what my system looks like: [ATTACH] Based on this system...
  5. Move license from bootcamp partition on mac which got deleted?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move license from bootcamp partition on mac which got deleted?: So long story short, I deleted my MacOS partition while using windows 10 on my mac via bootcamp. I had to wipe entire drive and install MacOS again. So I lost bootcamp partition too. My question is, can I transfer that license to a windows 10 VM? I'm using parallels desktop....
  6. New recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New recovery partition: I have updated to 2004 from 1909 today. Before updating I had one RECOVERY partition( 529 MB) and EFI partition (100 MB). But after the update,another RECOVERY (640MB) got created. So what to do with the previous one? Is it okay to delete it? Another thing I noticed is that...
  7. Hard Drive with 3 partitions not showing up in File Explorer

Hard Drive with 3 partitions not showing up in File Explorer: I installed Windows 10 Pro from scratch on an existing PC. I have 5 internal hard drives with partitions and data on each. I see the drives on "Disk Management", they show as being Online, but there are no drive letters assigned. Therefore, they're not showing up in File...
  8. Windows installed recovery partition on second drive, now need 2 drives to boot

Windows installed recovery partition on second drive, now need 2 drives to boot: I was tossing out an old laptop so decided to put it's 1TB HDD in my desktop. I formatted the drive, but apparently that doesn't remove windows recovry partitions. Now I want to remove it to put in an SSD, but windows won't boot without it. I have tried reformatting it, using...
  9. SSD Partition C Drive Safe ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD Partition C Drive Safe ?: Is it safe to partition C drive ? I have only C drive of 450 GB. I wish to partition it into 3 Drive leaving 150GB for C drive. If i do that will there be any problem ? submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments]...
  10. On right clicking on the partition no Bitlocker option appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    On right clicking on the partition no Bitlocker option appeared: I have a SSD with Windows 10 Pro and a HDD containing my files. The HDD has two partitions one is encrypted with Bitlocker. I needed to resize the partitions so decrypted and after resizing tried to encrypt again. On right clicking on the partition no Bitlocker option...