Windows 10: partitions out of order, do you want to install anyway?

Discus and support partitions out of order, do you want to install anyway? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I Can't install windows on disk "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table." I was getting that and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by neighborlee777, Feb 19, 2020.

1. partitions out of order, do you want to install anyway?

I Can't install windows on disk "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table."

I was getting that and realized I had to delete partition fOR the usb windows 10 pro install to even work, which I'd forgotten after many years.

So I deleted partition, rebooted and started usb windows 10 pro install again, thought all was GOOD. SO SICK of this :

So all did look good,so I got as far as the setup formatting? , hit apply, It thought for a bit and said,can't proceed basically because the partitons were out of order ??

I was SO close,,why does,after years, windows installer give us SUCH cryptic, unsolvable errors? It's not like Microsoft hasnt had time to fix these things.

It should NOT be this hard people.

So is it safe to proceed no matter the out of order partitions ? I've never had such issues before, first ssd was PNY, then I went with a faster, seemingly high quality high warranty Crucial 500gb drive. Had no idea I'd have such issues.

I have ,Recovery, 100mb something else and main 496gb partition, before deleting all but the 100mb one,is it safe to delete all , will that fix the partitions out of order error?

HELP ; Want to install new ssd and get on with life ;

Thx anyone;0-

:)

neighborlee777, Feb 19, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Vista Beta 2 Installed

Well first I defragged the drive, then go into partition magic and select "create a new partition" and make sure it is "after c:"

Then click the rest of the way through the menus, and in the lower left there is a list of pending activites and click "apply" and you will have to restart and before windows boots partition magic does its thing.

wazzledoozle, Feb 19, 2020
  4. partitions out of order, do you want to install anyway?

Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

I've never tried multiple partitions so this is a shot in the dark...

At step #10, I would try setting the size parameter (it is in mebibytes) to how large you want the partition windows is installed on to be, then go ahead and install windows. This will leave the rest of the drive raw instead of consuming it into the OS partition (C drive). Once you successfully boot into Windows, you should be able to use Computer Management -> Disk Management to create partitions in the raw space.

If you really wanted to do it with diskpart before Windows is installed, you basically repeat the following lines making sure to specify a size if you don't want it to consume all remaining space:
    • create partition primary size=size in mebibytes here
    • format quick fs=ntfs label="appropriate name here"
    • assign letter=C thru Z here
    Obviously, you can use quick formatting or leave it out for full format. Leave off the size parameter when you reach the final partition that should consume all the remaining space. Also remember that the order you do this in goes from the outside of the disk (where it is fastest) to the inside of the disk (where it is slowest). Because of this, it is recommended to put EFI (e.g. size=300), then MSR (e.g. size=300), then Windows (e.g. size=30000), then Applications (e.g. size=70000), then Storage (e.g. no size parameter).

If I'm right, the above example would look like this:
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk <id>
    • online disk
    • attributes disk clear readonly
    • clean
    • convert gpt
    • create partition efi size=300
    • create partition msr size=300
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    • assign letter=C
    • create partition primary size=70000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Applications"
    • assign letter=D
    • create partition primary
    • format fs=ntfs label="Storage"
    • assign letter=E
    • exit

FordGT90Concept, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

partitions out of order, do you want to install anyway?

1. partitions out of order, do you want to install anyway? - Similar Threads - partitions order install

2. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024: Hey, recently just built myself new pc for the first time, the only thing I really kept from the last build was the storage. Either way when I got into windows I couldn’t connect to the network because I just “DIDN’T” have any network drivers, so I though “something might’ve...
  3. Where do you want to install windows? How do I know what partitions to use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where do you want to install windows? How do I know what partitions to use?: I had some errors like black and blue screens firstly. So have to install windows 10 with a windows recreational tool USB.I installed the USB and proceeded to the point where i had to choose upgrade or customs i went for customs. Now the screen asking where do you want to...
  4. Installation fails at "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Installation fails at "Where do you want to install Windows?": I am attempting to install Windows 10 on a Lenovo 580G Laptop. The old hard drive was replaced by a 450 GB SSD which before installation in the Lenovo was initialized and formatted on another Windows Laptop ACER Aspire 515-54 via a USB-to-SATA adapter. The initialize and...
  5. "Where do you want to install?"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Where do you want to install?": "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account" Have tried everything from numerous amounts of youtube tutorials to reddit and still can't find any solutions. This is my last...
  6. Where do you want to install

Where do you want to install: It looks like you dont have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account. to install, sign in on a device with your microsoft account this is what i get when i try to download an app im signed in and still cant download...
  7. Partitions order

Partitions order: I have a computer with a single disk. After clean installation of Windows 10 20H1, I noticed that the partition order is different: The primary partition is now the third partition and the recovery is now last, fourth. As far as I remember, primary partition was always last,...
  8. do you want to restart? NO NOT NOW windows then reboots minutes later anyway

do you want to restart? NO NOT NOW windows then reboots minutes later anyway: This is moronic There are lots of posts saying the same thing for years.... They are not answered just closed They are blocked from further comment because every comment on the post agrees it is stupid How stupid does Microsoft think this is?...
  9. Is there anyway of canceling a Microsoft order from the Microsoft Store if you cannot see...

Is there anyway of canceling a Microsoft order from the Microsoft Store if you cannot see...: I ordered a Surface Laptop 2 bundle from the Store last weekend. So far, I’ve only received the Office 365 box. When I contacted Microsoft Store for help, I was first told they couldn’t cancel the order because it was already in some order queue. When I asked again yesterday...
  10. Where do you want to install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do you want to install?: I am slightly at my wit's end... I am desperately trying to install the DSTV Now and Showmax app from the Microsoft Online Store. I have successfully 'purchased' the app from the store, but when I go to 'install on my devices' I get a dialogue box saying "It looks like you...