Windows 10: Partitions Right on SSD?

Discus and support Partitions Right on SSD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home x64 18362.418 ((Clean install planned of 1909 soon as can get that done) Windows Defender/Malware Bytes Free for Protection Noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Partitions Right on SSD?

Windows 10 Home x64 18362.418
    ((Clean install planned of 1909 soon as can get that done)
    Windows Defender/Malware Bytes Free for Protection

Noticed another partition at end of my Laptops 128gb SSD, Did that come from doing a system reset months ago to fix the missing Temporary internet files location, possibly caused by removing Avast too much or something?

:)

AMDMan2016, Oct 12, 2019

2. undo partition shrink

Hi,

If you accidentally shrink the volume of your SSD partition, there is an option to extend the volume as well. To extend the volume of your SSD partition, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the partition that you want to expand and click Extend Volume.
    • Select the amount of space that you want to extend.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Oct 12, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 12, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Partitions Right on SSD?

Partitioning an SSD

Hi Aayush

Yes, it is Okay to partition an SSD, and that will not affect read/write times on the SSD

Primary Partition - for System, logical partition for your data . . .

Open Disk Management (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Right click the current partition and choose 'Shrink volume'

Set the amount you want the new partition to be sized to and apply the

Then right click the resulting 'Unallocated Space' and choose 'New - Simple Volume'

Accept the defaults and apply that . . .

That's It

DaveM121, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Partitions Right on SSD?

1. Partitions Right on SSD? - Similar Threads - Partitions Right SSD

2. SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Partition: My Intel NUC 5i5RYH comes with 128GB M.2 SATA.I partitioned into two.Now I wish to combine back into a single partition.Unfortunately, the 2nd partition does not follows the 1st partition. There is another partition in between.The partition in between is called Recovery...
  3. SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Partition: My Intel NUC 5i5RYH comes with 128GB M.2 SATA.I partitioned into two.Now I wish to combine back into a single partition.Unfortunately, the 2nd partition does not follows the 1st partition. There is another partition in between.The partition in between is called Recovery...
  4. SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SSD partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD partitions: Can I partition the M2 SSD into two partitions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-partitions/81aa398d-1518-4730-a1de-daa9006c1711
  6. Partitions Right on SSD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Partitions Right on SSD?: Windows 10 Home x64 18362.418 ((Clean install planned of 1909 soon as can get that done) Windows Defender/Malware Bytes Free for Protection Noticed another partition at end of my Laptops 128gb SSD, Did that come from doing a system reset months ago to fix the missing...
  7. partitions on ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    partitions on ssd: i have ssd 120 gb and i want to install windows 10 so i am wondering if ssd can be divided into 2 partitions and if it could be 1 and how many other partitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partitions-on-ssd/cddf9b3a-ae20-4cb2-9f08-1ea070f65fc1
  8. SSD partitioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD partitioning: I just installed a Samsung 860 evo 500gb SSD on my OLD laptop My question is :::: Q. Can I make a separate partition on my SSD to store only files , photos, videos etc.. Q. Do I need paging file (I have 12 gb of ram and only 40% of it is usually used ). Q. How huge...
  9. Partitioning an SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partitioning an SSD: Hi, My new Huawei Matebook x pro has come with a 512 GB SSD storage. In my previous laptop (having an HDD), I was using two logical partitions other than the OS Primary partition for storing my personal data for two reasons: 1) In case the OS gets corrupted or requires a...
  10. SSD and partition tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD and partition tool: I have a notebook with a Samsung 850 Evo SSD. I want to reduce partition where Windows 10 is installed and I see that in Control Panel there is a tool for managing partition. I wonder if this tool takes in consideration 4096 bytes alignment recommended for SSD. Thanks! 61541