Windows 10: Parts of cortana are missing after last update

Discus and support Parts of cortana are missing after last update in Cortana to solve the problem; parts of cortana are missing after installing latest update... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SusanUlrich, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Parts of cortana are missing after last update

parts of cortana are missing after installing latest update

:)

SusanUlrich, Oct 20, 2020

2. Cortana missing in notifications and actions

Actually the Facebook app is also missing from this list too, it's on the other PC list but not on here. Strange. I'm not really caring much about Facebook but I am very puzzled why cortana is missing.

seems the whole 'get notifications from these senders' is badly executed by MS judging from some stuff I found. Here's a thread about duplicate entries or entrus relating to uninstalled stuff, the fix has nasty side effects possibly breaking live tiles so I won't be touching that. Suspect the missing cortana entry from my list is part of the same type of problem with the notifications.

Microsoft Community

Scottyboy99, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Cortana - notebook icon missing

Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. option not turn on

Biswajit samal, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Parts of cortana are missing after last update

Cortana - notebook icon missing

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Parts of cortana are missing after last update

1. Parts of cortana are missing after last update - Similar Threads - Parts cortana are

2. Windows Photo App missing arrows after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo App missing arrows after last update: After the last windows update, the windows photo app seems to have broken a efficient workflow.Use case: use Photo app to browse to large amount of photo's, select a photo to keep, edit crop/straigten, save-as in new folder selected photos, next arrow to see next photo, next...
  3. Cortana Missing

in Cortana
    Cortana Missing: My Laptop Cortana is missing any ideas pls ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-missing/92d293bb-d5d4-4441-91f0-42d69425d6d9
  4. Missing Cortana

in Cortana
    Missing Cortana: My PC restarted itself without telling me and then it took time to reboot to my desktop. Now what i dont see is cortona button missing. I am sure windows have done something to this. How can i get that button back?...
  5. cortana not working after last update

in Cortana
    cortana not working after last update: Help I'm new at this. Cortana was working fine until last update feb. 17. Now I can't get anything except Cortana asking permission to get familiar with the way I talk. When I hit the "sure" button I get "I'm sorry something went wrong. Try again in a little bit. Same thing...
  6. Cortana has become stupid after the last update.

in Cortana
    Cortana has become stupid after the last update.: After the last update, I have had problems with Cortana. Eventually, I figured out how to turn the microphone back on, but Cortana has become stupid. No mater what I ask, Cortana says, "Sorry, I can't help with that." It no longer knows the date, time or any jokes. It...
  7. Pincode and lockscreen (partly) missing after update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pincode and lockscreen (partly) missing after update: I have updated Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903. When I after that close my laptop, physically like a book, and then opens it again, there appears no lockscreen, from where I can be asked to log in with a pincode, as it used to before the update. Instead, the desktop...
  8. cortana is missing

in Cortana
    cortana is missing: i cannot find cortana anywhere on my system at all, so i can not activate her. can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-missing/39068d54-b536-49ca-82d3-9ae49a166640"
  9. After W10 reset Cortana missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After W10 reset Cortana missing: I reset my pc because I developed a microphone problem that I couldn't solve. The pc mic volume kept returning to zero after I set it to 100% so only for a moment or so I could be heard by Cortana. I followed online support and even bought a new mic (usb) to eliminate the mic...
  10. Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat: Hello, Title says it all. I can't use the search functionality and Cortana is missing. Is there a way to reinstall it? 66038