Windows 10: Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language

Discus and support Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The problem exists when: Step 1. The original language both display and input is Chinese China. Step 2. Change the display language but not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows Category - All, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language

The problem exists when:

Step 1. The original language both display and input is Chinese China.

Step 2. Change the display language but not the input language to French France, log in again, and then problem arises: Some part of the UI is French and some part of the UI is Chinese.

Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language d5f2e8fd-6e39-4995-b33f-983ae47c787f?upload=true.png

However, the problem can be magically solved, when:

Step 1. Change the input language to French.

Step 2. Reopen the faulty app here it is Settings, but the same problem arises in other system apps as well, and then problem disappears.

Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language 2f22faa2-8f42-4dc9-a248-5a4e00274518?upload=true.png

Theoretically and logically, the choice of the display language should and should only affect display, while the input language should have nothing to do with display. But from this we can see these two settings are not working as expected.

What's more, the "language mix" does not appear again when you change the input language BACK to Chinese.

That is to say, the problem only appears when the input language first differ from the display language, and part of the language display wrongly correspond to the preferred input language, which can be solved when the two settings become the same, and the problem do not appear again when input language is changed once more.

I think the problem lies in at least two aspects: The first is that the environment is not properly modified when the user changes display language, so there are something left undone. The second is that the change of the input language wrongly determines the display and finishes the "left-undone" things. What I couldn't figure out was why changing back the input language would not generate the problem again.

I've read some questions posed years before here and found out that the very same problem has existed for at least five years and had not been solved. I with this problem could be solved.

Thank you for whoever reads this discussion.

:)

Windows Category - All, Sep 3, 2020
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Make Korean language as Windows Display Language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the screenshot, I see that Korean language pack is already installed on the computer that is the reason the option is greyed out.

As you have mentioned that you want to set Korean language as the Windows UI language, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click o Time & Language and click on
      Language on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Windows display language, select
      Korean from the drop down.
    4. Sign out and
      sign in
      back to the computer to set the Korean language as display language.

For more information, see Manage the input and display language settings
    in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language

Uninstall primary input language

Hello,
    I'm using english-US as display language, but german (DEU) as keyboard input language.

I would like to uninstall the english (ENG) keyboard since the input language switches to english when I hide the unneeded language bar.
    It was very simple under win7, but here I did not find the way (remove is disabled). Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks, Marco

marcomarsella, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language

1. Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language - Similar Threads - Parts language correspond

2. Input Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  3. Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  4. Language input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language input: My display language is English and I prefer it this way but when it comes to input, I only need Polish Programmers and Hebrew. Polish keyboard is perfectly fine for both the English and the Polish languages but when it comes to using the English keyboard for Polish... Well,...
  5. Language input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language input: My display language is English and I prefer it this way but when it comes to input, I only need Polish Programmers and Hebrew. Polish keyboard is perfectly fine for both the English and the Polish languages but when it comes to using the English keyboard for Polish... Well,...
  6. Input languages Have to switch between three languages instead of two

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input languages Have to switch between three languages instead of two: Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with having UK English in my language panel. The thing is that I tortured people from Microsoft Support and looked through, I think, every relevant topic. So, what I have here: [ATTACH] But there is nothing here: [ATTACH] The...
  7. Display language and input language differences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display language and input language differences: Hello I am trying to set my language to English (Germany) but even though it is set correctly in Languages tab, I see English (UK) in Region. How can I get rid of UK? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Best regards...
  8. Input Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...
  9. Input Language

in Windows 10 News
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...
  10. Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows: How to: Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows How to Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows The display language a user selects changes the default language the entire operating system uses for that specific user account. The display...