Windows 10: Party audio from Xbox game bar isn't being picked up.

Discus and support Party audio from Xbox game bar isn't being picked up. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Almost every time I turn my computer on and try to talk to my friends through party chat on the Xbox game bar, it doesn't work, and then I'm forced to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lufffyy, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Lufffyy Win User

Party audio from Xbox game bar isn't being picked up.

Almost every time I turn my computer on and try to talk to my friends through party chat on the Xbox game bar, it doesn't work, and then I'm forced to halt what I'm doing and restart my computer for it to work. I have to do this even if I've just booted up my computer. If i could be given a solution to this that'd be great.

:)

Lufffyy, Jan 21, 2020

2. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 21, 2020
  3. eliasbenb Win User
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

EDIT:

• Edit 1: still no actual answer for a way to fix this. But I just factory reset my PC, the volume mixer works perfectly now. I know this is not the answer you wanted, but it's all we have
    Before I go into details do not suggest:

• Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app
    • Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command
    • Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows
    • Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page

OK, now that we go that out of the way. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks. The issue is that the Xbox Game Bar doesn't display the volume mixer correctly, it only shows the main audio driver's volume mixer and nothing else (no app volume mixer like:
    CS:GO, Microsoft Edge Beta, Spotify etc.).

Photo for reference:

Party audio from Xbox game bar isn't being picked up. 60f145ea-e940-4f04-a916-f79e664003a1?upload=true.png

For the Microsoft employees reading this, this is a persistent issue in Windows. I will list other posts on this forum with the same issue to show the scale of the issue. All of these posts have not been solved so far:

eliasbenb, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Party audio from Xbox game bar isn't being picked up.

Xbox party audio not recording

my xbox party audio wont come up, i cant heazr the party i can only hear the game how do i recrd the party audio too? with the xbox app help

That BoiMeMer, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Party audio from Xbox game bar isn't being picked up.

1. Party audio from Xbox game bar isn't being picked up. - Similar Threads - Party audio Xbox

2. Windows/Xbox Game Bar wont pick up Microphone if it is being used by another application...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows/Xbox Game Bar wont pick up Microphone if it is being used by another application...: regarding the Xbox Game Bar, pressing WINDOWS+ALT+G will clip the last custom amount of seconds from your screen or application of choice. It also picks up your microphone, however, not if the mic is being used in another application ie discord, skype, etc. Nothing I've tried...
  3. USB Microphone not picked up in XBox Game Bar recordings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone not picked up in XBox Game Bar recordings: I regularly record 30 second clips of gameplay moments on Xbox game bar using Shift+Alt+G, but when I'm using my USB microphone it's not picking up any audio from it....
  4. USB Microphone not picked up in XBox Game Bar recordings

USB Microphone not picked up in XBox Game Bar recordings: I regularly record 30 second clips of gameplay moments on Xbox game bar using Shift+Alt+G, but when I'm using my USB microphone it's not picking up any audio from it....
  5. Xbox party crashes xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox party crashes xbox game bar: Whenever I attempt to join or create a party I hear the noise indication someone has joined the party then the spot where it has party details says thisMoments later my mouse cursor gets the spinny wheel of doom and the app crashes. Has anybody got any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Xbox party crashes xbox game bar

Xbox party crashes xbox game bar: Whenever I attempt to join or create a party I hear the noise indication someone has joined the party then the spot where it has party details says thisMoments later my mouse cursor gets the spinny wheel of doom and the app crashes. Has anybody got any idea how to fix this?...
  7. When recording clips with the xbox game bar, my mic isn't being picked up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When recording clips with the xbox game bar, my mic isn't being picked up: My mic works on literally everything else except for this. I don't know why this one doesn't, it's a USB mic if that changes anything. If I use my webcam mic it will be picked up, but the quality isn't very great which makes the clips much worse. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. USB MICROPHONE ISN'T BEING PICKED UP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB MICROPHONE ISN'T BEING PICKED UP: my usb microphone wont be recognized by my pc. ive looked up other people who have had the same issue and tried those methods to fix it, but nothing works. ive done everything from troubleshooting to reinstalling drivers and nothing of the sorts work. the light on the mic is...
  9. Getting Kicked From Xbox Parties in Xbox Game Bar

Getting Kicked From Xbox Parties in Xbox Game Bar: I recently got a PC, and I use Xbox game bar to join and talk to my friends. I often get kicked out of the party with no message, and for me, it says I'm in the party, but for my friends, it says I left. I can't hear my friends and they can't hear me, and I have no clue...
  10. Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar

Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar: Is there a way to control chat volume on Xbox party at Xbox game bar? Changing volume to "Xbox game bar" at sound mixer doesn´t do anything. Some people have an extremely loud microphone and controlling either the whole party volume or each party member individually would be...