Windows 10: Pass partial parameter in bat file

Discus and support Pass partial parameter in bat file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have about 200 files examples: 20200101 FILE10.TXT 20200102 FILE10.TXT 20200103 FILE10.TXT 20200104 FILE10.TXT I need a way to accept only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GUPPY, Mar 30, 2020.

1. GUPPY Win User

Pass partial parameter in bat file

I have about 200 files
    examples:
    20200101 FILE10.TXT
    20200102 FILE10.TXT
    20200103 FILE10.TXT
    20200104 FILE10.TXT

I need a way to accept only the first 8 positions in a bat file and copy the whole file to another directory.
    If enter 20200101 and it will pass the file 20200101 FILE10.TXT to another directory.
    After it is passed it has to be renamed to update.txt to be run from inside another bat file.
    Presently, I have to manually copy each file to the other directory.

:)

GUPPY, Mar 30, 2020
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Pass partial parameter in bat file

How do I run a bat File from Right Click Menu in specific folder ?

Yes I saw one of your posts where you suggested ContextEdit . Im trying that. But im unsure if that is geared towards my problem.

Also trying FileMenu Tools , software.

OtherWay1982, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Pass partial parameter in bat file

1. Pass partial parameter in bat file - Similar Threads - Pass partial parameter

2. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  3. Bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  4. .bat files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bat files: So i am trying to make a minecraft server and need to open a .bat file but i keep getting a error saying "This app can not run on this pc" But it worked a month ago i need a solution please....
  5. Bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bat file: Good morning/evening/night, I wanted to create a batch file or an exe that can change options inside the gui of an application (the application is cisco webex) (if you are familliar with webex i want to change the audio or turn it to music mode witha batch file) but i am...
  6. Pass an argument from a .bat file to PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    Pass an argument from a .bat file to PowerShell script: I have subscribed to a push notification service in order to be able to send push notifications to my phone. Here is the PowerShell script: Code: $uri = "https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json" $parameters = @{ token = "token" user = "user" message = "Push Message" }...
  7. Passing parameters in a bat file

in Windows 10 Support
    Passing parameters in a bat file: I am trying to run a bat file from a desktop shortcut. If I run it from DOS it works fine. If I try to run it from a desktop shortcut, I can not pass the parameter inside the bat file. See attached for the example of the bat file. The first part works (from the DOS prompt)....
  8. .bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    .bat file: I have .bat file it is not working in my new PC when I double click on it. but it was working in my old PC. could your please support how to associate .bat file in windows 10? Kindly looking for your support and reply in this regards. Thanks.....
  9. invalid INF passed as parameter

invalid INF passed as parameter: hello i decided to update my laptop drivers but when i start the command thingy it says invalid INF passed as parameter and it restarts help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-inf-passed-as-parameter/ab19feaa-4fc0-4294-8fd8-0b7481b6d07e"
  10. Passing a parameter to a batch file for code signing

Passing a parameter to a batch file for code signing: I am using MS Access and would like to pass an exe name to my code signing cert batch file. Been trying to figure this one out, but cannot get there. I created a batch file called. SignFile.bat. It contains everything I need to sign the file, but I need to pass the exe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. invalid inf passed as parameter

2. COPY 1 PARameter to another parameter in a bat file

3. COPY PARAMETER TO ANOTHWER PARAMERERT IN A BAT FILE

4. COPY PARAMETER TO ANOTHER PARAMETER IN BAT FILES