Windows 10: Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game

Discus and support Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, i have a quick and weird question, can i pass my account data to a friend so that he can log in on MS Store with it ? i want him to try the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mateuszrudnicki1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game

Hello, i have a quick and weird question, can i pass my account data to a friend so that he can log in on MS Store with it ? i want him to try the new forza before we both buy it (possible DNS and NAT problems on my side). We had such a problem when we tried to play farming simulator (dont judge me xD).

Atm i cant connect to forza online play (NAT, fix is on the way) but i want to test if it works on my friends side to make sure we can online play (not even neccesarily coop)

Problem is i dont want his local account to migrate into my Windows account, that would force A LOT of synchronisation.
    - He cant activate free gamepass (used it + doesnt have a credit card any more)

- I dont think free demo supports online play (cause it would be stupid if it would) + if it does i think it uses diferrent ports than normal forza

So can he log into my account ONLY on MS Store or will it force his local acc to go under my MS Log in ?

:)

mateuszrudnicki1, Oct 11, 2018
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Microsoft account purchase information.

Hi Robert,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you don't see any information with all of your Microsoft games. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign out your account from the Windows Store. Here is how:

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Microsoft account that you are currently signed in to the Store with.
    • Click/tap on the Microsoft account again.
    • Click/tap on the Sign out link.

Step 2: Reset Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Sign in your account to the Windows Store.

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Sign in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game

App store and Microsoft account

Yes. When you sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account like in step 5 in Option Two of the tutorial below instead of switching to a Microsoft account you will and stay a local account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game

1. Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game - Similar Threads - Passing microsoft store

2. Microsoft Store Repeatedly Tries to Reinstall Deleted Game Pass Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Repeatedly Tries to Reinstall Deleted Game Pass Game: As the title indicates. This problem only occurs with one Game Pass For Windows game: The Ascent. There must be some way of removing all traces of the game from my system because MS Store is obviously convinced it’s on my system. Very annoying. Tried resetting store but this...
  3. Microsoft Store Repeatedly Tries to Reinstall Deleted Game Pass Game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Repeatedly Tries to Reinstall Deleted Game Pass Game: As the title indicates. This problem only occurs with one Game Pass For Windows game: The Ascent. There must be some way of removing all traces of the game from my system because MS Store is obviously convinced it’s on my system. Very annoying. Tried resetting store but this...
  4. Microsoft Store Repeatedly Tries to Reinstall Deleted Game Pass Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Game pass PC games and Microsoft store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass PC games and Microsoft store games: All these games from Microsoft store suffer massive V-sync related issues and some are locked to 30fps for no reason with frames dropping after a few rounds.Basically ALL the games on game pass suffer hitching.Only game I can 100% say works without any major problem is Deep...
  6. Microsoft store game pass games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store game pass games.: I bought the game pass ultimate and every time I try to play Age Of Empires II Definitive Edition It launches and crashes the game AND my task manager. I've had this problem for a while now. I reinstalled it multiple times, ran a cmd scan, did troubleshooting and even messed...
  7. MICROSOFT STORE GAME PASS

MICROSOFT STORE GAME PASS: So i bought FH4 a long time ago and when i updated my windows the game dissapeared and it hasn't been seen since then. Now I am still after it because i didnt put 60$ in this stupid microsoft store just for it to dissapear. Be ashamed of yourself and try being more like STEAM...
  8. Microsoft store and xbox game pass

Microsoft store and xbox game pass: Both my xbox game pass and microsoft store wont download certain things for example i tried downloading minecraft dungeons on the xgp and it said pending and came up with an error and then i tried downloading it from the microsoft store and an error came up with "something...
  9. Microsoft Store & Game Pass

Microsoft Store & Game Pass: At some point my xbox beta for game pass on PC stopped working so I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall in which one of two things happens: I get to this screen [IMG] In which this freezes, or it gets to the next screen which I can't currently get to in which the...
  10. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta): So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta). Surely if I have paid...