Windows 10: Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game

Discus and support Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, i have a quick and weird question, can i pass my account data to a friend so that he can log in on MS Store with it ? i want him to try the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mateuszrudnicki1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game

Hello, i have a quick and weird question, can i pass my account data to a friend so that he can log in on MS Store with it ? i want him to try the new forza before we both buy it (possible DNS and NAT problems on my side). We had such a problem when we tried to play farming simulator (dont judge me xD).

Atm i cant connect to forza online play (NAT, fix is on the way) but i want to test if it works on my friends side to make sure we can online play (not even neccesarily coop)

Problem is i dont want his local account to migrate into my Windows account, that would force A LOT of synchronisation.
    - He cant activate free gamepass (used it + doesnt have a credit card any more)

- I dont think free demo supports online play (cause it would be stupid if it would) + if it does i think it uses diferrent ports than normal forza

So can he log into my account ONLY on MS Store or will it force his local acc to go under my MS Log in ?

:)

mateuszrudnicki1, Oct 11, 2018
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Microsoft account purchase information.

Hi Robert,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you don't see any information with all of your Microsoft games. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign out your account from the Windows Store. Here is how:

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Microsoft account that you are currently signed in to the Store with.
    • Click/tap on the Microsoft account again.
    • Click/tap on the Sign out link.

Step 2: Reset Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Sign in your account to the Windows Store.

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Sign in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game

App store and Microsoft account

Yes. When you sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account like in step 5 in Option Two of the tutorial below instead of switching to a Microsoft account you will and stay a local account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game

1. Passing microsoft store account to friend so he can try out a game - Similar Threads - Passing microsoft store

2. Games microsoft store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Games microsoft store: So today i got a new pc, when i wanted to install my games on the microsoft store. One was there, and the other was not. He was on another account and im sure, ive activated the game in this account. Because i played it just two days before in this account so there got to be...
  3. Xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass: If i use a xbox game pass gift card on my pc can i play the games on my Pc as well on my xbox if i enter it on the same account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass/64985b8f-5b59-453d-bbdd-8768cb777bd4
  4. Cannot download games from Microsoft store on my account but can from other accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download games from Microsoft store on my account but can from other accounts: I have been trying to download games through the microsoft store on my laptop, one of which i already own, but they just keep erroring. I have been through many of the suggestions given previously but the problem seems to be with the account rather than the store or the...
  5. friend not getting messages,invites out and in games and not getting achievements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    friend not getting messages,invites out and in games and not getting achievements: My friend H Playz220 isnt recieving my invites,messages in game and over xbox live. How can you fix it and also fix H Playz220s achievements. can you do that if you can then that would be apprieciated so much. thanks from H Playz220s friend:Mc for j.09....
  6. Microsoft is a not user friendly!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is a not user friendly!: I just downloaded Office 2016 for my iMac. I realize that Steve and Bill didn't always agree, but it would be super helpful if the download/install instructions actually explained how to access services that have been purchased so WE CAN USE THEM. I am relatively tech...
  7. locked out microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    locked out microsoft account: when trying to sign in on computer get a message that Microsoft account has been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/locked-out-microsoft-account/b86dc012-649d-431e-82f6-3a848405b6a5
  8. Microsoft games from the game store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft games from the game store: After the update of whatever happened, I can't open any of my games on my computer. I play and paid for Microsoft solitaire collection, and every time I click to open it, it goes to a black screen. Yes, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 18 times, still nothing? help?...
  9. MS account to try out Cortana ?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS account to try out Cortana ?: Hi all I run win 8.1 as my main OS and have a MS account for that. I run win 10 in a VM on local account, have not tested out Cortana as let , now that i have 10074 and its a bit more stable (not that i have had 1/4 the probs that some have) . I would like to test run...
  10. Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store: Title says it all. I like to boot up and log in with no password but I want to use my Microsoft account when I am fooling with store apps. Is this possible? 14892