Windows 10: Passive stylus only works on certain online whiteboards

Discus and support Passive stylus only works on certain online whiteboards in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Note: I'm using as Asus Transformer windows 10 pc with touchscreen, and I normally use Chrome but have tried Firefox to solve these issues also. I'm a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ncrowder78, May 18, 2020.

1. Passive stylus only works on certain online whiteboards

Note: I'm using as Asus Transformer windows 10 pc with touchscreen, and I normally use Chrome but have tried Firefox to solve these issues also.

I'm a teacher and I've noticed some online whiteboards will allow me to write using my stylus with no problems (limnu is one). Others, such as twiddla and the cam app that I use (https://apps.huehd.com/) will not. The screen "feels" the stylus, and will allow me to change from pen to marker to eraser, etc. but when I actually try to draw or annotate, nothing.

But really the larger problems is that we use an LMS called Canvas and students typically upload written work and we grade through the website using something called speedgrader (part of Canvas), which should allow you to annotate directly on top of student work in pdf form. It works using a mouse (similar to the aforementioned whiteboards that don't work with the stylus), but not with the stylus itself.

It seems to be a widely known problem as folks post about in the Canvas discussion forums too, but no one seems to have a solution. Is there anything I can do on my end to make the stylus work on all of these types of applications?

I fear that it might be how the apps/sites are coded or something, since some whiteboards seem to respond to the stylus, but some won't. In that case I guess I'd just be outta luck.

I've tried multiple browsers. Any insights appreciated.

:)

ncrowder78, May 18, 2020

2. stylus pen

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern. Please provide the following information so we can assist you better:

• Were you able to use your stylus pen before without any issues?
    • When did you start having this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when using your stylus pen for drawing?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Acelyn Alc, May 18, 2020
  3. Inquiry if Windows phone contact recovery works on LG Stylus 3.

Hello Joyce,

For us to be able to isolate if Windows phone contact recovery works on LG Stylus 3, kindly answer these questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Gerald Mal, May 18, 2020
  4. XNam360 Win User

Passive stylus only works on certain online whiteboards

Microsoft Whiteboard crashes almost anytime someone tries to join a session. How to fix?

I was unable to perform the steps specific to Office, because Microsoft Whiteboard wasn't included with Microsoft Office. Whiteboard was installed separately.

However I did figure out something that seems to work. I went to Settings → Apps & Features → Whiteboard → Reset and it seems to be working now.

XNam360, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Passive stylus only works on certain online whiteboards

1. Passive stylus only works on certain online whiteboards - Similar Threads - Passive stylus works

2. whiteboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whiteboard not working: I cannot open my whiteboard for Microsoft 11. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whiteboard-not-working/e7f2abfd-cc59-4d74-9453-4c9a6bd6f999
  3. whiteboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whiteboard not working: I cannot open my whiteboard for Microsoft 11. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whiteboard-not-working/e7f2abfd-cc59-4d74-9453-4c9a6bd6f999
  4. How to use stylus/pen as cursor/mouse on microsoft whiteboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use stylus/pen as cursor/mouse on microsoft whiteboard?: When I connect my stylus & drawing pad and load microsoft whiteboard it detects the stylus as a pen, whilst i want it to act as the cursor. I've tried changing the settings and clicking "act as cursor on some applications" but it has not changed anything!...
  5. Only certain system sounds are working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only certain system sounds are working: Hello, I am trying to use custom system sounds, but only certain system sounds are playing. Specifically the system sounds that by default have sounds set to them. Things like maximize, minimize, restore down, etc, that don't by default have sounds, are not working when I set...
  6. Microphone only works in certain apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone only works in certain apps: Hello! So my laptop's microphone isn't workin on certain apps such as Discord or the Browser. However, it is detected and even works in apps such as the sound recorder, the camera app. I've already tried everything, from updating the drivers and checking the sound privacy...
  7. Passive stylus only works on certain online whiteboards

Passive stylus only works on certain online whiteboards: Note: I'm using as Asus Transformer windows 10 pc with touchscreen, and I normally use Chrome but have tried Firefox to solve these issues also. I'm a teacher and I've noticed some online whiteboards will allow me to write using my stylus with no problems (limnu is one)....
  8. stylus not working

stylus not working: i have the lenovo pen 1 it stop working it says its fully charged but operating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stylus-not-working/cdad474e-5d68-4eb1-b6bd-6c3b0e7a119e
  9. ADFS only Working On Certain IPs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ADFS only Working On Certain IPs: Recently I have been tasked with putting an updated application on our new 2016 virtual server to run our campus. ADFS is already working on major systems. And for this particular new 2016 server, I can navigate from a handful of other computers and browser sign into the adfs...
  10. Defender in Passive Mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender in Passive Mode?: I installed Avast (free version) on my new pc because I have had good success with Avast on my Mac for years. I have repeatedly read that if third-party AV software is installed, Defender will automatically be disabled. This does not appear to be the case because in the...