Windows 10: Password after reboot but not after sleep.

Discus and support Password after reboot but not after sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. How do I configure windows such that it requires a password to log in after a reboot (where my laptop turns itself off) but not after sleeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 053053_, Oct 4, 2019.

1. 053053_ Win User

Password after reboot but not after sleep.

Hi. How do I configure windows such that it requires a password to log in after a reboot (where my laptop turns itself off) but not after sleeping (where I've just closed my laptop lid for a few minutes)?

The only options available in Require sign-in under Sign in options are to either require a password when the PC wakes up from sleep, or never.

Thanks.

:)

053053_, Oct 4, 2019
  2. cfuglein Win User

Passwords and Auto Sleep

I just upgraded from windows 7 sp2 to Windows 10.. I'm pissed at MS because it makes me log in with a password. I don't have sensitive information. No one but me uses the computer, so its a big PITA. Someone suggested a program to run so that when I reboot, I don't have to sign in. That works okay, but now the damn thing falls asleep, and I STILL have to sign in with a password.

So, I figured I'd get around that by extending the auto sleep time, but I can't figure out how to do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Carl

cfuglein, Oct 4, 2019
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Password after reboot but not after sleep.

Sleep and Password. windows 10

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You may try this steps:

• Type Power & sleep settings in the search bar.
    • Click on Additional power settings
    • On the right side of the screen, click on Require a password on wake up
    • Under password protection on wake up, select the button that says required a password (recommended)
    • When your computer wakes up from sleep.
    • No one can access your data without entering the correct password to unlock the computer.
    • Clck on create or change user account password if you do not have one or you want to change your password.
    • Click on save changes below.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Password after reboot but not after sleep.

1. Password after reboot but not after sleep. - Similar Threads - Password reboot sleep

2. Password after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password after reboot: While trying to sort out my user folder name I tried the following solution: opened cmd.exe as Administrator. At the C:\ prompt I typed in "net user Administrator /active:yes" It came up with user name not recognised? I then typed in "net user fances Adminstrator /active:yes"...
  3. Password after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password after reboot: While trying to sort out my user folder name I tried the following solution: opened cmd.exe as Administrator. At the C:\ prompt I typed in "net user Administrator /active:yes" It came up with user name not recognised? I then typed in "net user fances Adminstrator /active:yes"...
  4. Password after reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Password after sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Password after sleep.: Hi My laptop does not require a password after sleep. The "Require Password on Wakeup" setting is not available. Any suggestions. Win.Version. 10.0.19042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-after-sleep/9891783c-c689-46e5-bc4d-729cb9c62dbc
  6. will not ask for password after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    will not ask for password after sleep: I am trying to make W10 ask for my logon password after going to sleep. I went into the settings and clearly set it to ask for the logon after it has gone to sleep. I set it to sleep after 15 minutes and it does go to sleep , but shaking the mouse will wake the system without...
  7. Laptop rebooting after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop rebooting after sleep mode: Hello, I have this problem for about 3 weeks now. When I close my laptop or if I put him to sleep mode, it restart when I re-open it. I don't really now what's happening and it's extremely frustrating. Can someone help me? Thank you in advance....
  8. Password issue after reboot.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password issue after reboot.: Hey guys, I have this weird lockscreen issue. Whenever I reboot my laptop, I see my usual lockscreen. When I hit enter, I see that sign-in window where username and password is already filled (Just for a second) and directly takes me to my homescreen. My build is 1803 in...
  9. Require password after sleep.

Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...
  10. Password Required after sleep

Password Required after sleep: I have suddenly got a power management problem. On first boot up the laptop fires up Win Home and does not require a password input. However if I close the lid, the laptop goes to sleep. open the lid press space bar and it now asks for the login password. I have run...