Windows 10: Password after sleep.

Discus and support Password after sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi My laptop does not require a password after sleep. The "Require Password on Wakeup" setting is not available. Any suggestions. Win.Version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChristianHauch, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Password after sleep.

Hi

My laptop does not require a password after sleep. The "Require Password on Wakeup" setting is not available. Any suggestions.
    Win.Version. 10.0.19042

:)

ChristianHauch, Jan 22, 2021

2. Sleep and Password. windows 10

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You may try this steps:

• Type Power & sleep settings in the search bar.
    • Click on Additional power settings
    • On the right side of the screen, click on Require a password on wake up
    • Under password protection on wake up, select the button that says required a password (recommended)
    • When your computer wakes up from sleep.
    • No one can access your data without entering the correct password to unlock the computer.
    • Clck on create or change user account password if you do not have one or you want to change your password.
    • Click on save changes below.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 22, 2021
  3. password requirement after sleep

To assist you with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to skip password prompt after sleep:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Choose Never from the drop-down menu under Require sign-in to complete the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Password after sleep.

password and sleep

In windows 10, when i put the computer to sleep...it wakes up fine (no password required). However when windows goes into sleep by itself after inactivity, it always requires a password...even though NO password is required in control panel settings...I've
    tried different power settings, etc to no avail. Any suggestions?

PeterTripp, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Password after sleep.

1. Password after sleep. - Similar Threads - Password sleep

2. Windows 11: How to require password after sleep but not after I've "been away"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: How to require password after sleep but not after I've "been away": In Windows 11, I have the "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" setting set to "Never", and I'd like to keep it that way. But, I'd also like the computer to automatically lock when I put it to sleep. I cannot find a setting to control this....
  3. Windows 11: How to require password after sleep but not after I've "been away"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: How to require password after sleep but not after I've "been away": In Windows 11, I have the "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" setting set to "Never", and I'd like to keep it that way. But, I'd also like the computer to automatically lock when I put it to sleep. I cannot find a setting to control this....
  4. Why isn't my computer requiring me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my computer requiring me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep?: I want my computer to require me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep or hibernate. The option in settings called, "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" is greyed out, so I enabled it in Group Policy Editor. I went to Computer...
  5. Why isn't my computer requiring me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep?

Why isn't my computer requiring me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep?: I want my computer to require me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep or hibernate. The option in settings called, "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" is greyed out, so I enabled it in Group Policy Editor. I went to Computer...
  6. Windows 10 no password prompt after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no password prompt after sleep: Hello,first of all some infos about the problem itself and the devices.Our problem is that after the sleep mode, windows does not prompt for a password, I only get an empty screen. I need to reboot the device so I can login again.The Problem only occur´s on our newer Dell...
  7. Windows 10 no password prompt after sleep

Windows 10 no password prompt after sleep: Hello,first of all some infos about the problem itself and the devices.Our problem is that after the sleep mode, windows does not prompt for a password, I only get an empty screen. I need to reboot the device so I can login again.The Problem only occur´s on our newer Dell...
  8. Windows 10 no password prompt after sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. After sleep windows 11 does not ask for password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After sleep windows 11 does not ask for password.: I have this option enabled that after sleep I should be prompted for a password but it does not prompt for a password and jumps straight back into desktopAnyway to fix this?...
  10. After sleep windows 11 does not ask for password.

After sleep windows 11 does not ask for password.: I have this option enabled that after sleep I should be prompted for a password but it does not prompt for a password and jumps straight back into desktopAnyway to fix this?...