Windows 10: Password after sleep.

Discus and support Password after sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi My laptop does not require a password after sleep. The "Require Password on Wakeup" setting is not available. Any suggestions. Win.Version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChristianHauch, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Password after sleep.

Hi

My laptop does not require a password after sleep. The "Require Password on Wakeup" setting is not available. Any suggestions.
    Win.Version. 10.0.19042

:)

ChristianHauch, Jan 22, 2021

2. Sleep and Password. windows 10

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You may try this steps:

• Type Power & sleep settings in the search bar.
    • Click on Additional power settings
    • On the right side of the screen, click on Require a password on wake up
    • Under password protection on wake up, select the button that says required a password (recommended)
    • When your computer wakes up from sleep.
    • No one can access your data without entering the correct password to unlock the computer.
    • Clck on create or change user account password if you do not have one or you want to change your password.
    • Click on save changes below.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 22, 2021
  3. password requirement after sleep

To assist you with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to skip password prompt after sleep:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Choose Never from the drop-down menu under Require sign-in to complete the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Password after sleep.

password and sleep

In windows 10, when i put the computer to sleep...it wakes up fine (no password required). However when windows goes into sleep by itself after inactivity, it always requires a password...even though NO password is required in control panel settings...I've
    tried different power settings, etc to no avail. Any suggestions?

PeterTripp, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Password after sleep.

1. Password after sleep. - Similar Threads - Password sleep

2. Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.: Has anyone figured out how to prevent Windows 10 from requiring a new login after sleep mode? BTW...I don't mind a new sign-in after power restart...that's a good security measure. But why do I need to constantly sign-in on a protected computer that I walked away from for...
  3. No password protection at Startup, but does when waking from sleep

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password protection at Startup, but does when waking from sleep: I've a problem with my new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. I wish to password protect it. In Settings>Accounts>Sign-In Options I have selected the option to require sign in when computer awakes from sleep. And indeed when it wakes from sleep I have to enter my pin,...
  4. will not ask for password after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    will not ask for password after sleep: I am trying to make W10 ask for my logon password after going to sleep. I went into the settings and clearly set it to ask for the logon after it has gone to sleep. I set it to sleep after 15 minutes and it does go to sleep , but shaking the mouse will wake the system without...
  5. When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep....

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep....: Title, basically. I know how to require a password on wakeup from sleep, but specifically I want my PC to, after the display times out, require a password upon resuming. I've googled all over and the only results I get back have to do with sleep....
  6. I am not able to change the sign in options to require password once the laptop goes to sleep

I am not able to change the sign in options to require password once the laptop goes to sleep: please help me with this note; I have windows 10 home single language version 1909 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-change-the-sign-in-options-to/4673332e-9a59-4aea-b722-3a8f387087af
  7. Windows 10 Pro 1903: No login/password field after screen lock - requires sleep mode/reboot...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Pro 1903: No login/password field after screen lock - requires sleep mode/reboot...: Hello support I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 64-bit Build 18362.1082 on a Lenovo T490s. In the last week or so probably after some update, I am getting similar symptoms to other older posts on this issue whereby when the screen lock kicks in either automatically, or by...
  8. password requirements on both hibernation and sleep

password requirements on both hibernation and sleep: Hi all. I'm having sign-in issues. What I want is to be able to require password upon waking from hibernation, but not sleep. Is this a possibility? Thanks for any consideration and replies....
  9. I want to remove password protection from login, after sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to remove password protection from login, after sleep: Hello I've Acer Aspire E15 with Windows 10. I want to remove my password protection from login page. also want to remove password security after sleep or restart. please help me out asap......
  10. Chrome and Edge Chromium Saved Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome and Edge Chromium Saved Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep: Every time I restart my computer or wake it from sleep my saved passwords in Chrome and Edge Chromium are removed and I have to re-import them from Firefox. What in the name of God is going on with this disastrous update MS sent out to users. Thank god MS did not screw up...