Windows 10: Password Box Does not appear

Discus and support Password Box Does not appear in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer and set it up and it needed to restart. I restarted the computer and it will not show the password box. I tried starting... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by 19Teresa Mac, May 10, 2021.

1. Password Box Does not appear

I just bought a new computer and set it up and it needed to restart. I restarted the computer and it will not show the password box. I tried starting it in safemode and password box still doesn't show up still. What do I do?

:)

19Teresa Mac, May 10, 2021

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 10, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, May 10, 2021
  4. Password Box Does not appear

Password Box does not appear when trying to log into Windows 10 PC

Hi Daniel,

Some of the possible reason why the password box isn't appearing is due to corrupted system files on your computer or software compatibility. Since
    Shift + Restart doesn't work, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to boot your computer in safe mode:

• Turn on your computer.
    • As soon as the logo of the computer appears turn off your computer (perform this 2 times).
    • Once you turn on your computer for the third time, you'll be booted to an option wherein you can start your computer in safe mode; this is also known as Windows Recovery Environment.

If the issue doesn't exist in safe mode, there's a possibility that a third-party software is causing the issue. If so,

turn off your startup programs

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting.

Regile Reb, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Password Box Does not appear

1. Password Box Does not appear - Similar Threads - Password Box Does

2. No password prompt box

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password prompt box: I've tried all the usual options; some from others in the Microsoft community. Is it likely to be due to a failed update? Can anyone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-password-prompt-box/3bbcac38-211f-4546-80b6-a4ba204901b2
  3. Pin box not appearing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin box not appearing!: My pc was working great last night but the taskbar was not disappearing when I was in full screen. After that I restarted the pc but after swiping up to enter my pin, the pinbox does not show up and after 30 seconds it gets back to the default baclground which shows time and...
  4. Windows 10 Alienware 17 Password Box Will Not Appear.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alienware 17 Password Box Will Not Appear.: Hello, I’m looking for some help. My Laptop won’t get past the initial “hit any key to enter your password” phase of bootup. I have done the following: Formatted while “keeping my files” Full format uninstalling recent updates scaning hard drive Alienware support...
  5. Glitches in the password box

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Glitches in the password box: Hello! I badly need assistance. When I opened my laptop, I wasn't able to input my password because the box was automatically typing the letter 'p' and it just won't stop. Every time I tried to press delete, it just automatically typed again. I did turn it off by pressing the...
  6. a dialog box suddenly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a dialog box suddenly appeared: a dialog box for file copying progress suddenly appeared while i play game at full screen, it instantly minimized my game and i'm afraid it could be a malware activity or some sort of it, i seen a file named "package 9" being copied its 2,3GB in size but i didn't seen of...
  7. no password box?

in Windows 10 Customization
    no password box?: I am running Windows 10, and whenever I try to sign into my computer, the password box along with my name and the icon above it don't show up. I just got this problem today after my computer blue screened out of nowhere. Everything else on the lock screen appears to be...
  8. Windows 10 login screen not appearing or Password box not showing up

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 login screen not appearing or Password box not showing up: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers multiple options to login to your PC, ranging from simple PIN method to more complex Windows Hello Face unlock. But, at times you may face a situation where the Windows 10 login screen does not appear at [...] This post Windows 10 login...
  9. Object in black box appeared

Object in black box appeared: I now have an object in the upper left corner of my screen. I can't move it. I get nothing if I right click it. It looks like a vertical stipe with some white at the top and then mostly red with 100% below it - all on a black box. How do I get rid of this?...
  10. No password box

No password box: Hi I have ease of access turned on. It's a Zoostrome Pc. When I turn it on I have no password box on screen. The on screen keyboard works fine. But I can not get moved on. Any help please. I.m sick of seeing the lake and mountain picture. Many thanks Dave...