Windows 10: Password box is displayed on startup

Discus and support Password box is displayed on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop computer recently installed Windows version 2004 automatically. Since then the startup behavior has changed. When I start up, it now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by taherte, Dec 8, 2020.

1. taherte Win User

Password box is displayed on startup

My desktop computer recently installed Windows version 2004 automatically. Since then the startup behavior has changed. When I start up, it now displays the password box. It used to start up and display the lock screen image. To display the password box, I pressed the space bar. That is also how my laptop and my work laptop still behave. I only have one account on the desktop, and it is not a Microsoft Windows account. How can I restore the behavior to the way it was?

Note: after the Windows update I also had a lot of problems with it starting up with NumLock off but that has fixed itself.

:)

taherte, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Password box is displayed on startup

1. Password box is displayed on startup - Similar Threads - Password box displayed

2. Password box is not being displayed. Only shows the Sign in button

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password box is not being displayed. Only shows the Sign in button: I setup a password in Dell Windows 10 Laptop. When I switch on my laptop, it takes me to the screen where I have to enter the password but it doesn't display a password box where I have to type the password. It only shows me a sign in button and on clicking the same nothing...
  3. No password box on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password box on startup: Hello.I made a post about this before but did not get any help. Been on Win11 for over a month now, no issues before until now. I booted up out of sleep mode and for some reason there was no password box for me to log in. I restarted thinking it would help, instead I got...
  4. No password box on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password box on startup: Hello.I made a post about this before but did not get any help. Been on Win11 for over a month now, no issues before until now. I booted up out of sleep mode and for some reason there was no password box for me to log in. I restarted thinking it would help, instead I got...
  5. Startup password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup password: How can I eliminate the need for a password when first turning on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-password/c60ea641-bd5f-40f4-ae65-995056fd1351
  6. my password box automatically get populated with dots at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my password box automatically get populated with dots at startup: my password box get populated with dots automatically sometimes. even when i am using word than all of sudden dots starts to appear automatically unless i press backspace or some other key, kindly help me...
  7. no password box?

in Windows 10 Customization
    no password box?: I am running Windows 10, and whenever I try to sign into my computer, the password box along with my name and the icon above it don't show up. I just got this problem today after my computer blue screened out of nowhere. Everything else on the lock screen appears to be...
  8. startup password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    startup password: Yes I'm having a problem with Microsoft account I have a password on my laptop that I have been Locked out of for over a yr now My girlfriend set up a password and has forgotten what it is Now I cannot get into my laptop and I'm sick of it, I have gave all the information it...
  9. Computer not displaying password box

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer not displaying password box: I turned on my windows 10 desktop computer and I was sent to the lock screen as per usual, when i pressed space to bring me to the password screen the box to input the password was not there at all, the 3 buttons in the bottom right are there but not the password box what do...
  10. No password box

in Windows 10 Customization
    No password box: Hi I have ease of access turned on. It's a Zoostrome Pc. When I turn it on I have no password box on screen. The on screen keyboard works fine. But I can not get moved on. Any help please. I.m sick of seeing the lake and mountain picture. Many thanks Dave...