Windows 10: password bypassing safe mode as my laptop has been using a pin for years... Please Help

Discus and support password bypassing safe mode as my laptop has been using a pin for years... Please Help in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I just decided to do a virus scan on my laptop, so I changed msconf to do a safe boot and restart, but when restarted the login requires a password,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RockySmith, Feb 21, 2023.

1. password bypassing safe mode as my laptop has been using a pin for years... Please Help

Hi,I just decided to do a virus scan on my laptop, so I changed msconf to do a safe boot and restart, but when restarted the login requires a password, but for the last 5 years all I have been using is the pin that MS pushed me towards. Now I can't for the life of me workout what my pin might have been and since I can't log in, I can't revert back to normal boot.Is there anyway to access my laptop or have I just killed it?

:)

RockySmith, Feb 21, 2023

2. Windows 10 Admin password and safe mode

My son accidentally put his computer into safe mode. It's asking for an Admin password but it's been years since I first set up his laptop and I can't remember it. We've tried every password I could think of using including possible pins. He can't use
    the forgot password option without a USB. Sadly, he's at his dad's over the weekend and I can't help him. Is there a way to bypass the password needed to get back into his laptop so he can get it out of safe mode and back into normal mode?

LanelaSmith, Feb 21, 2023
  3. EMF
    emf Win User
    After attempting Safe Mode, my PIN is missing and my password is incorrect.

Hello,

I have used my laptop for a few years and I currently run Windows 11. I was attempting to boot into safe mode. At the login screen, I had two problems.

1) I receive "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again."

2). When I attempt to use my password, my computer says my password is incorrect. I've tried my laptop password and my Windows account. Nothing works.

I was having problems with a software program so I decided to try Safe Mode with Networking. I was able to enter my bitlocker code without a problem, but immediately afterwards I was unable to log into my computer.

Can anyone suggest what steps I should take?

Thank you.

E

4. password bypassing safe mode as my laptop has been using a pin for years... Please Help

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 21, 2023
Thema:

password bypassing safe mode as my laptop has been using a pin for years... Please Help

1. password bypassing safe mode as my laptop has been using a pin for years... Please Help - Similar Threads - password bypassing safe

2. My laptop has been bootlooping, I cannot acess Winre or safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop has been bootlooping, I cannot acess Winre or safe mode.: My vivobook pro 17 n705 Laptop has recently started bootlooping, I have tried many different ways to try and access Winre, But I am unable to do this.Here are are some of the things I've attempted:-Accessing Winre through bios-Shutting down the computer 3-5 times.-Using a...
  3. My laptop has been bootlooping, I cannot acess Winre or safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has been bootlooping, I cannot acess Winre or safe mode.: My vivobook pro 17 n705 Laptop has recently started bootlooping, I have tried many different ways to try and access Winre, But I am unable to do this.Here are are some of the things I've attempted:-Accessing Winre through bios-Shutting down the computer 3-5 times.-Using a...
  4. password bypassing safe mode as my laptop has been using a pin for years... Please Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password bypassing safe mode as my laptop has been using a pin for years... Please Help: Hi,I just decided to do a virus scan on my laptop, so I changed msconf to do a safe boot and restart, but when restarted the login requires a password, but for the last 5 years all I have been using is the pin that MS pushed me towards. Now I can't for the life of me workout...
  5. password bypassing safe mode as my laptop has been using a pin for years... Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password bypassing safe mode as my laptop has been using a pin for years... Please Help: Hi,I just decided to do a virus scan on my laptop, so I changed msconf to do a safe boot and restart, but when restarted the login requires a password, but for the last 5 years all I have been using is the pin that MS pushed me towards. Now I can't for the life of me workout...
  6. Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN: Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330s stuck in airplane mode....Trapped in Safe Mode..have correctly used all known passwords and PIN with no effect..Tried Shift Key and Restart to access Trouble shooting with success..attempted Command Prompt with and without Safe Mode GUI then...
  7. "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode: I had entered Safe Mode in hopes of fixing an issue I was having with my Bluetooth, however, I am unable to sign in with my password on the login screen. I did not set up the option to use my Microsoft account as a way to sign in and only use my PIN. I have not created a...
  8. Safe Mode won't recognize my password please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe Mode won't recognize my password please help!: Hello, My PC is in safe mode and won't recognize my current or past passwords. I've tried to enter Safe Mode with Networking, but it still thinks there is no connection which there is definitely. I've also tried to use the Command Prompt, but it also asks for a password!...
  9. Windows 10 safe mode with networking not taking my Microsoft password or pin please help

Windows 10 safe mode with networking not taking my Microsoft password or pin please help: I know my password to my Microsoft account but it's not taking that or my pin when I start in safe mode with networking I don't want to make a new account. Please help....
  10. Went to Safe Mode. Password is incorrect. unable to Log-in. Please HELP

Went to Safe Mode. Password is incorrect. unable to Log-in. Please HELP: To clean uninstall the graphics driver {AMD RADEON} I used their Clean Up Utility to enter SAFE MODE In the safe mode it asked password and not PIN . I typed my own password only. But it says incorrect. I tried changing password and then the Safe Mode with Networking via...