Windows 10: Password change request when working remotely

Discus and support Password change request when working remotely in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm currently working remotely VPN connection and I'm unable to log in, as its saying my password has expired. I'm unable to travel to access my office... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KatieArquati, May 18, 2020.

1. Password change request when working remotely

I'm currently working remotely VPN connection and I'm unable to log in, as its saying my password has expired. I'm unable to travel to access my office PC and change it - how do I change my password locally, so I can gain access remotely to my office PC?

:)

KatieArquati, May 18, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, May 18, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, May 18, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Password change request when working remotely

Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password

You are welcome.

Session ID for that PC should remain the same.

This method gives no error message or notification if for some reason the ID has been changed. In that case, all you see when double clicking the shortcut is that your remote session remains active, will not be terminated. In that not very probable case, it can be resolved in two easy steps: first, check new session ID as told in step 1 in my previous post.

Now right click the shortcut, select Properties and edit command by changing the ID to current one:

Password change request when working remotely [​IMG]

Shortcut will work again.

Thema:

Password change request when working remotely

1. Password change request when working remotely - Similar Threads - Password change request

2. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my sincere concern regarding the recent mandatory password change for my Microsoft account. For the past decade, I have used a seven-character password without any issues. However, during...
  3. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my sincere concern regarding the recent mandatory password change for my Microsoft account. For the past decade, I have used a seven-character password without any issues. However, during...
  4. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Organization request me to change my password!!!"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Organization request me to change my password!!!": Hi,I have removed from my computer all/any school and work accounts. And still after a specific period of time I am requested by "your organization" asking me to change my password!Is there a way to check what else is triggering this behavior in my PC as I only have me...
  6. "Organization request me to change my password!!!"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Organization request me to change my password!!!": Hi,I have removed from my computer all/any school and work accounts. And still after a specific period of time I am requested by "your organization" asking me to change my password!Is there a way to check what else is triggering this behavior in my PC as I only have me...
  7. Password request

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Password request: MS keeps asking for my password every 2-3 minutes!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/8e8225c2-d7df-4b39-ac1e-8b21ede43707
  8. Requesting user password change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requesting user password change: Turned on my computer today and on the first screen it says that the user's password must be changed before signing in. It has never happened before. What password? I've even tried system restore but getting nowhere! Help, I need my computer for the weekend! Rob...
  9. Password request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password request: I have a laptop which uses Windows 10. It is so irritating to be asked for a password EVERY time I open the laptop. Does anyone know how I can disable this function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/4501d09e-8438-4042-9e4a-bac26c5d1c45"
  10. Changed password will not work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed password will not work: I have changed my laptop password last week, I have received an e-mail acknowledging the change but the laptop will only be opened with the old password. My Hotmail account, however, uses the new password. Can anyone tell me how to make them sync? I have changed the laptop...