Windows 10: Password change requirement every 6 months to access desktop in Windows 10.

Discus and support Password change requirement every 6 months to access desktop in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I disabled the password requirement from the user accounts on a friends Windows 10 computer as I had done on mine. I have never been required to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sjkRN2, Mar 18, 2019.

1. sjkRN2 Win User

Password change requirement every 6 months to access desktop in Windows 10.

I disabled the password requirement from the user accounts on a friends Windows 10 computer as I had done on mine. I have never been required to change the password every 6 months and after removing the requirement for a password have not needed one. Why can I not permanently remove the requirement for a password.

Sheri Keshishian

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

sjkRN2, Mar 18, 2019

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Password change requirement every 6 months to access desktop in Windows 10.

How to remove password in windows 10 home basic

Hi Jerry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that password is very important securing the computer and preventing unauthorized access to the computer.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "remove password in windows 10", are you referring that you don't want to enter the password when you boot to the computer or completely removing the password for your computer?
    • Are you logged in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?

If you do not want to enter the password after logging in from sleep mode, I suggest you to follow the steps below to select don't require a password in the power option and check if it helps

1.Click on
    Search bar.

2. Type "Power options" without the quotes in Search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on require a password on wakeup
    option.

4. Now Click on change settings that are currently unavailable

(if the option doesn't appear refer to the next step).

5. Click on don’t require a password.

6. Click on save changes.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with removing the password in Windows 10,
    we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Password change requirement every 6 months to access desktop in Windows 10.

1. Password change requirement every 6 months to access desktop in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Password change requirement

2. Change password required every time when i log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change password required every time when i log in: Hi,my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message.."The user's password must be changed before signing in"It pops up the new password and confirm password...
  3. Change password required every time when i log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change password required every time when i log in: Hi,my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message.."The user's password must be changed before signing in"It pops up the new password and confirm password...
  4. Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?: I am told that "my organization" requires me to change my PIN every three months. How can I change the length in between the changes? Every three months is too much....
  5. Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?

Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?: I am told that "my organization" requires me to change my PIN every three months. How can I change the length in between the changes? Every three months is too much....
  6. Password Required For Computer Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Required For Computer Access: For the last 8+ years, I entered a PIN to enter my laptop. All of a sudden, I'm being asked for a password. When I reset my password per the instructions, it tells me that it is incorrect. The operating system is Windows 10. Will I ever be able to access anything on this...
  7. Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required: Over the years, I have always added a power on password to my laptops. This has always been set up in the BIOS. I am now the owner of a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 v20H2 [a lovely machine I might add] but have not been able to figure out how to set up a power on...
  8. Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required: Over the years, I have always added a power on password to my laptops. This has always been set up in the BIOS. I am now the owner of a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 v20H2 [a lovely machine I might add] but have not been able to figure out how to set up a power on...
  9. Password Requirement to Access Program

Password Requirement to Access Program: Can I setup a password requirement of a program in settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-requirement-to-access-program/6fbb5450-c212-4519-a46b-85071606c0be
  10. I change motherboards every 4-6 months - which version of 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Support
    I change motherboards every 4-6 months - which version of 10 Pro ?: I change out my motherboard every 4-6 months through partial system upgrades - I know my original 'free' 10 Pro won't survive the trip because of the change in the board. What version of 10 Pro do I need to purchase so my 10 key will be able to be activated when I move...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows password change every month