Windows 10: password change

Discus and support password change in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I decided to create an account for my son to use because he is four and uses my account and has erased a few items. I was trying to create a new user... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by brenda626, Aug 15, 2019.

1. brenda626 Win User

password change

I decided to create an account for my son to use because he is four and uses my account and has erased a few items. I was trying to create a new user account for my son and my husband but while in the process I entered the wrong password then when I tried to reset with email I then realized I entered the wrong email for recovery. is there anyway possible to reset it in my account if I am the administrator account holder? please help me I spend hours trying to figure it out and I am about to delete his account and create a new one however I wish I didn't have to.

:)

brenda626, Aug 15, 2019

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Aug 15, 2019
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 15, 2019
  4. password change

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

password change

1. password change - Similar Threads - password change

2. how to change onedrive password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change onedrive password: how to change onedrive password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-onedrive-password/a0c0ae93-33ff-4e4c-a518-a3319df4ae4e"
  3. Why has my password to log onto my computer been changed?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why has my password to log onto my computer been changed?: I had a specific password to log onto my computer and only my computer and now it has been changed and I can only access it by using my email address and password and I want it changed back for security purposes....
  4. Unexpected required password / pin change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unexpected required password / pin change: A little while ago, a family member was unable to log in to her laptop with Windows 10. She has had the password and used it many times. This time, she was prompted to reset her password, which was verified in an email seemingly from MS. Then she was prompted to create a...
  5. Lock screen password change Windows 10

Lock screen password change Windows 10: What are the steps to change the lock screen password? I have found lots of articles here about password changes but its mainly for my account, I followed multiple articles and only end up changing my Microsoft account password....
  6. i cant login to my pc. i have not changed my password but it no longer works.

i cant login to my pc. i have not changed my password but it no longer works.: i cant login to my pc. i have not changed my password but it no longer works. it's windows 10 initial screen password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-to-my-pc-i-have-not-changed-my/8b29e35b-bbc7-41a0-9528-3d57e8eb14b8"
  7. Windows 10, change local administrator password

Windows 10, change local administrator password: I have one computer in my home with one user account and that account is administrator . It is connected to a online Microsoft (Microsoft live?) account with my email as user name. I use a local password to log in to my computer. My local password and my online Microsoft...
  8. Just robbed need to change password OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Just robbed need to change password OneDrive: I've just been robbed of my phone which has OneDrive on it and access to all my computers. I can't get OneDrive to just let me reset the stuipid password.l It wants to send me a text AND I DON'T HAVE A **** PHONE. The Virtual assistant and help menues are useless. Please...
  9. Hi i remember my pin but i dont my password, i changed the start settings and booom just...

Hi i remember my pin but i dont my password, i changed the start settings and booom just...: Hi I have windows 10, i had the terrible start critic error so i went to settings, safe boot minimal and oh surprise ask me for pass and not my pin, then i used my cloud password and ohhh suprise is not the same one that the local one and i dont have an idea of which one...
  10. I was able to change password on a Windows user through wifi settings

I was able to change password on a Windows user through wifi settings: Hi, I tried googling this scenario but couldn't find anything, not sure if this has been discussed before. Anyway, I was blown away when I was able to login to a co-workers laptop not even knowing his password or even knowing about this "exploit"(?). Here's what I did,...