Windows 10: password change

Discus and support password change in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I changed my password, I received instructions from telephone # 203-902-2840. Is this a safe number?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LEIFSKOGSTAD, Oct 19, 2020.

1. password change

When I changed my password, I received instructions from telephone # 203-902-2840. Is this a safe number?

:)

LEIFSKOGSTAD, Oct 19, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 19, 2020
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 19, 2020
  4. password change

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

password change

1. password change - Similar Threads - password change

2. My Windows password keeps being changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Windows password keeps being changed: On several occasions, I have been notified via e-mail that my Windows password has been changed. When checking the security info in the received e-mail, I have noticed an unknown phone number. I have already activated the two-way sign in, changed the Windows password as well...
  3. having issue with my PC changing my password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    having issue with my PC changing my password: This is one of 5 PC with win10 pro 2h2o and it wont let me change it. And honestly dont recall what it was. I was trying to open a share to it and I apparently dont know what it is for password. Tried method 3 and method 5 [img] - - - Updated - - - its getting too...
  4. Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc

Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc: I can't log in to Windows. At all. I was following some instructions, and disabled all Startup items. As instructed. Now, I'm locked out of Windows. It won't recognize the new password. I can't repair. It asks for a password. I can't reset. It asks for a password. I...
  5. I am not able to change the sign in options to require password once the laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I am not able to change the sign in options to require password once the laptop goes to sleep: please help me with this note; I have windows 10 home single language version 1909 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-change-the-sign-in-options-to/4673332e-9a59-4aea-b722-3a8f387087af
  6. Unable to login to Windows 10 because required password change even though I use a Pin

Unable to login to Windows 10 because required password change even though I use a Pin: I have a friend who uses a pin to login to a Windows 10 Home version. He has done this for a couple of years successfully. Now out of the blue ,after putting in his pin a screen comes up and says "You organization requires you to change your password. " Well he enters...
  7. how do I changed my windows security password?

how do I changed my windows security password?: Sometimes when I try to connect my VPN, I get asked for my windows security password. Have tried all I remember....How do I change the password?...
  8. Windows Logon Password on Laptop changed automatically after annual subscription renewal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Logon Password on Laptop changed automatically after annual subscription renewal: On my Laptop the Windows Logon Password has been changed over night automatically so that I cannot logon any more since this morning. The usual password reset-procedures did not resolve the issue. Before I execute the hard reset loosing all data as explained onReset your...
  9. Windows 10 Pro - Password change issues

Windows 10 Pro - Password change issues: When trying to change password and password hint, after changes are entered a message pops up that Windows cannot change the password. Then a message that the system will restart in 1 minute. After restart, the password actually has changed but the password hint remains...
  10. Pin unavailable and password changed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin unavailable and password changed: I have just had a problem after trying to login to Windows, I usually get asked to enter a pin number but this time it gives an error sayimg pin is unavailable then changes to a password. I have never set a password but on entering my Microsoft account password which I...