Windows 10: Password complexity

Discus and support Password complexity in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all it's now day 4 .searching for solution I don't want to install new windows *Smile my problem is windows not accept any password or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by freeman3020, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Password complexity

Hi all

it's now day 4 .searching for solution

I don't want to install new windows *Smile

my problem is windows not accept any password or remove password , always say's "not meet password complexity" ,although no password entered !!!!

I changed and reset security policy many time > no luck , what can I do??

Thanks

:)

freeman3020, Dec 8, 2015

2. Password Complexity

I stand corrected. We are just testing moving away from BB and it seems our current test policy wasn't requiring complex passwords. Thx!

ccarpediem, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Password Complexity

Windows Phone has supported complex passwords (and this includes alphanumeric) since 7.5, but the option only kicks in when a corporate Exchange account that requires complex passwords is added to the phone.

Entegy, Dec 8, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Password complexity

Hi and welcome to the Ten Forums!

You will need to explain a little more about what you are trying to do. Are you logging in with a local account?

Basically you have set a password as empty and this is not secure! A Microsoft account has to have a password but you can remove one for a local account. See the following tutorial for more details:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Hope this helps!

philc43, Dec 8, 2015
  5. I have local account and Microsoft account. if I tried to convert internet account to local , I can't set local password. it's type complexity required, also if I leave it empty , same thing

in local account I cant change password or remove it both in account settings or computer manger , it's appear there is problem in password checking routine!!

freeman3020, Dec 8, 2015
  6. darin Win User
    Could you take the images of your password policy? Is your computer joined to a domain or not?
    Please check out this article:
    Change password policy settings - Windows Help

Make sure the policy "Password must meet complexity requirements" is disabled.

darin, Dec 9, 2015
  7. Password complexity [​IMG]

freeman3020, Dec 9, 2015
  8. Password complexity

My computer not joined to a domain

freeman3020, Dec 9, 2015
  9. darin Win User
    The settings of your account policies are correct. Are you using a Microsoft account (Windows live email address) for logging into Windows 10? Did you get the warning "meet password complexity requirements" from Windows logon screen or when you try to change the password from Control Panel? If possible, could you take some images as well? Thanks for your patience!

darin, Dec 10, 2015
  10. I have both (Microsoft account and local account ) , all methods of change or add or remove password lead to same result!!!
    you can see first post

freeman3020, Dec 10, 2015
  11. freeman3020, Dec 10, 2015
  12. lx07 Win User
    Where are you from?

The reason I ask is I made a MS account (based on a US IP address) to see if I could get bing points. I couldn't as the deal had finished but MS insisted on 2 major, 2 minor and numbers to make my password (they don't do that in Europe).

13. Password complexity

I talk about local account ,not related to IP

freeman3020, Dec 10, 2015
  14. lx07 Win User
    Your description is too terse for me to understand. Perhaps someone else will understand better.

Good luck *Smile

15. Conclusion : all methods to change , remove ,add password to local account lead to same results , if you use computer management, or login screen, or account manager, u got same message

if you want to convert Micosoft account to local . then you need to enter password, you got same result *Smile

freeman3020, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

Password complexity

1. Password complexity - Similar Threads - Password complexity

2. I cant reset my microsoft password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant reset my microsoft password: When clicking on forgot password, I either don't get the code email and it just loads the same window again. Or if i use phone number I get stuck on recapcha window and after solving it it doesn't move....
  3. Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...: Please Help!We have a problem in change the passwords of those users joined in Active Directory. I already disable the GP in my AD server and under the user's account. But the same issue, changing a password is requiring complexity under my domain. Please note. I have 2 AD...
  4. Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...: Please Help!We have a problem in change the passwords of those users joined in Active Directory. I already disable the GP in my AD server and under the user's account. But the same issue, changing a password is requiring complexity under my domain. Please note. I have 2 AD...
  5. Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Password complexity setting for AD domain with Windows 10 workstations

Password complexity setting for AD domain with Windows 10 workstations: I am trying to setup the Windows 10 password policy for our office workstation. Seems like there is a 'Password must meet complexity requirements' option in the policy setting, which require any 3 combination out of 5 criteria. But I cannot set custom combination e.g. upper...
  7. How do I remove password complexity requirement?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove password complexity requirement?: Hi guys i've been trying for a pretty long time to remove password complexity requirements on my local account and i found this website: https://www.infopackets.com/node/10729 I'm using windows 10 home, ver 10.0.18363 the difference between the website's instructions and...
  8. Disable the password complexity

Disable the password complexity: How do i disable the password complexity when i login to my PC? I am able to create a one letter password previously which i find it convenient. I dont need a lengthy password. However, after a recent update i need to add complexity of my password. I tried to run...
  9. Not allowing password reuse is worthless, annoying, adds complexity

Not allowing password reuse is worthless, annoying, adds complexity: Please drop your rule which does not allow password reuse! Occasionally I need to access my msn email from another location but because you force me to use ludicrous passwords, changing them constantly, it is unlikely that I know my pw and have to create a temp one to get...
  10. RSAT Windows 10 1809 Password Complexity Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    RSAT Windows 10 1809 Password Complexity Issue: Ever since applying a recent update to Windows 10 1809, I am no longer able to set or reset passwords for domain users with RSAT on my domain joined PC. I have tried with both the version of RSAT from the FoD and installing from the MSI for version 1803. When trying to set...