Windows 10: Password does not meet password requirements

Discus and support Password does not meet password requirements in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, This one has got me stumped. Have been running my stand-alone windows 10 box ever since initial release and up to 1803 my box has always... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dyslexia4, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Dyslexia4 Win User

Password does not meet password requirements

Hi all,

This one has got me stumped.

Have been running my stand-alone windows 10 box ever since initial release and up to 1803 my box has always been running with the following setup:

- my system is a stand-alone Windows 10 PRO box in a Workgroup, not a Domain member

- my day-to-day account is a local account (NOT MS account!); I don't use a MS account (at least not one that I myself have consciously set up!!) for any apps like the mail-app, or Onedrive, or anything else.

- a second local account is present that is only there to have a second local account available. Not used for day-to-day.

- my day-to-day local account has ALWAYS had a non complex password

- there is NO password policy set (according to gpedit), so it reads:

---password history = 0 passwords remembered

---maximum password age = 42 days

---minimum password age = 0 days

---minimum password length = 0 characters

---password must meet complexity requirements = disabled

---store password using reversible encryption = disabled

Now the other day I upgraded my system to 1809 using the ISO from the Microsoft site and that looked OK. No errors or the like during upgrade.

Then the first thing that got me stumped was that all of a sudden the logon after the upgrade came back telling me I need to change the password. So silly me thought, just set it again to what is has always been, but now it tells me: Password does not meet password requirements

So gave it a complex password so I could at least get into my system.

Since then I have been trying to get my 'old' password setup again, but EVERY WAY I used in that effort always comes back with that (paraphrased) message. Not via Ctrl-Alt-Del, not via netplwiz, nothing. Creating a new user is a 'no-go' also. Still complexity required.

It is not a matter of blanking my password, I know how-to.

I simply want my non-complexity password back.

A few posts I found on the net did not help (maybe I didn't find the right one?) and some 'helpfully' suggested to do a clean install.

I'm using a ton of installed business and productivity applications and utilities, so clean-install (and then re-installing/configuring all these applications is not an option.

Does anyone here have any idea:

- what the *&^l is going on here or why this behavior is occurring

- how to solve the 'apparently no password policy set' yet 'password policy still enforced'

Thanks for your thoughts and insight.

:)

Dyslexia4, Jan 18, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Password does not meet password requirements

The password you entered doesn't meet password policy requirements.

Pro

Windows 10 Pro ver 1709 build 16299.309

already did that 2 days ago

no change

from Group Policy Management

Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Account Policy - Password Policy

Policy Security Setting

Enforce password history:
    0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age: 0

Minimum password age: 0 days

Minimum password length: 0 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements: Disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption: Disabled

from Local Security Policy (secpol.msc)

Security Settings - Account Policy - Password Policy

Policy Security Setting

Enforce password history: 0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age: 0

Minimum password age: 0 days

Minimum password length: 0 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements: Disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption: Disabled

RAGriffith, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Password does not meet password requirements

1. Password does not meet password requirements - Similar Threads - Password does meet

2. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  3. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  4. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer does not meet requirment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer does not meet requirment: Hi, The article in Zoom does not tell me what I need to do to upgrade my Windows 10 so that I can use a green screen for virtual backgrounds. How can I use the virtual backgrounds in Zoom? According to my settings, my Windows 10 meet the requirements Shuga...
  6. Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!: My mother-in-Law is now presented with a password screen. She says she never had to enter a password before. She doesn't know what it is. I went into F2 set up, and created an administrator password, but do not get an option for "Other User", so cannot use Administrator to...
  7. No password required.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password required.: Hi, just got my new broadband and router up and running and I was prompted to enter the wireless key password I was given into all my devices, except my PC, which automatically connected to my new WIFI without any prompt for the password. The network on my PC says 'secured',...
  8. Password required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required: I have followed all instructions so that a password isn't required on my laptop. However, ever since the latest Windows 10 update, I have to type my password to get into Windows. For a number of reasons, I don't want to have to do that. What do I have to do to fix this?...
  9. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  10. Forced to change password, Does not meet requirements, has none...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forced to change password, Does not meet requirements, has none...: So this morning I woke up to a forced password change. I tried the same password and it didn't take, doesn't meet security requirements. After a few tries fighting with it, I gave in so that I could log into my computer. Checked the local security policy, the only requirement...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 password does not meet