Windows 10: Password doesn't work after updating Windows?

Discus and support Password doesn't work after updating Windows? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My PC randomly updated on its own and when I tried to login to my account, it keeps saying the password is incorrect. This is not true as my login is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rusty Sporks, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Password doesn't work after updating Windows?

My PC randomly updated on its own and when I tried to login to my account, it keeps saying the password is incorrect. This is not true as my login is my Microsoft account, even tested it on my phone and the login is fine. Tried uninstalling the update by holding shift and clicking restart but it also won't let me do that without the password. Kind of freaking out as my PC is now unusable due to this.. I have no idea how to fix this nor do I know why this is happening. How do I fix this?

:)

Rusty Sporks, Apr 18, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Password doesn't work after updating Windows? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 18, 2022
  4. RobGaal Win User

Password doesn't work after updating Windows?

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

Password doesn't work after updating Windows?

1. Password doesn't work after updating Windows? - Similar Threads - Password doesn't updating

2. Roblox doesn't work after updating

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox doesn't work after updating: My Roblox worked perfectly fine until I updated it on MS. I tried every single method and they all don't seem to work. What happen is when I try to open it, my screen started to freeze and i can't even move my cursor. I have to force my computer shut every time. I have...
  3. Password Doesn't Work on Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Doesn't Work on Windows Recovery: My computer installed updated and when it restarted there were errors and it cannot boot, tried repair which didn't work, then goes into recovery options. I tried everything, rebooting, etc. Trying to do repair and other advanced options BUT the problem is it keeps saying I...
  4. Password Doesn't Work on Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Doesn't Work on Windows Recovery: My computer installed updated and when it restarted there were errors and it cannot boot, tried repair which didn't work, then goes into recovery options. I tried everything, rebooting, etc. Trying to do repair and other advanced options BUT the problem is it keeps saying I...
  5. Password Doesn't Work on Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Password doesn't work after updating Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password doesn't work after updating Windows?: My PC randomly updated on its own and when I tried to login to my account, it keeps saying the password is incorrect. This is not true as my login is my Microsoft account, even tested it on my phone and the login is fine. Tried uninstalling the update by holding shift and...
  7. Password doesn't work after updating Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password doesn't work after updating Windows?: My PC randomly updated on its own and when I tried to login to my account, it keeps saying the password is incorrect. This is not true as my login is my Microsoft account, even tested it on my phone and the login is fine. Tried uninstalling the update by holding shift and...
  8. Printer Doesn't work after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Doesn't work after Windows Update: ever since windows update brother printer does not work mfc-j265w [Original Title: Windows Update] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-doesnt-work-after-windows-update/cbab95a2-5f8c-4f96-acd7-7c043b5a1890
  9. Password doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password doesn't work: I was going outside keep my pc on. while came back I saw my pc is freezing then I restart my computer. then my pc show me this notice: your windows ran into problem.... . then I am going to safe mode with network....but I forgot my password traditional or local password. now...
  10. Password will not work after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password will not work after windows update: I got back home from vacation and my pc pc finis updateing and when i go to put in my pin it tells me im wrong so i try my password and onve again it told me im wrong. So i try a few more times and it fails to work. So i change my password and try it and it still doesnt work....