Windows 10: Password doesn't work after using command in command prompt.

Discus and support Password doesn't work after using command in command prompt. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; net user <username> /add net localgroup administrators <username> /add I typed those in and went to log into the new local admin account. The command... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arnav S., Mar 4, 2020.

1. Arnav S. Win User

Password doesn't work after using command in command prompt.

net user <username> /add

net localgroup administrators <username> /add

I typed those in and went to log into the new local admin account. The command didn't work though, and when I went back to my main account, it didn't accept any passwords. I don't have a password reset key for this account and no other solution that I have found has worked.

:)

Arnav S., Mar 4, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Mar 4, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Password doesn't work after using command in command prompt. - Similar Threads - Password doesn't using

2. Can't use command prompt as it asking for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use command prompt as it asking for password: I have an issue. My laptop crashed and is unable to go through diagnostic or try try fix the issues. I go to advanced settings and I Can't use command prompt as it asking for password of which I forgot....
  3. Can't use command prompt as it asking for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use command prompt as it asking for password: I have an issue. My laptop crashed and is unable to go through diagnostic or try try fix the issues. I go to advanced settings and I Can't use command prompt as it asking for password of which I forgot....
  4. Can't use command prompt as it asking for password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  6. commands for command prompt not working

commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  7. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't use command prompt as it asking for password

Can't use command prompt as it asking for password: One day after I installed windows 10, my pc crashed and it says SYSTEM RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART. STOP CODE : PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. WHAT FAILED : Tpkd.sys.It seems like I've found the fix on YouTube but it needs command prompt. When I go to Advanced...
  9. I used this command in command prompt and now my password doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I used this command in command prompt and now my password doesn't work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UltraAGamer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fd6pv6/i_used_this_command_in_command_prompt_and_now_my/
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240