Windows 10: Password Doesn't Work on New Email Account

Discus and support Password Doesn't Work on New Email Account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I seem to have a real email problem with Outlook/Outlook.com The email address I used here somehow got compromised and every Spammer's list in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wynona, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Wynona Win User

Password Doesn't Work on New Email Account

I seem to have a real email problem with Outlook/Outlook.com

The email address I used here somehow got compromised and every Spammer's list in history is sending me emails. So, I had to close it and create a new one. That one worked out perfectly, thank goodness.

I have since created a couple more for specific purposes; after going through the process with Outlook.com, it opened up and showed the welcome email. OK, that was good, but then when I tried to add the email addy to my Outlook email client (Office 365), it refuses to acknowledge the password.

I've tried the "forgot my password" route, but so far, I'm getting told I can't prove it's my account. This, within minutes of creating the silly thing! I wouldn't mind so much, but I'm running out of viable email IDs!

Anybody got any idea of what may be going on?

:)

Wynona, Oct 5, 2017

2. can not log into windows 10 taptop

No it is not about re-setting the password of email account.

The pin required to log into laptop is not working. All recovery options require MS account password. Again entering the correct password doesn't work, however works fine for logging into email account on another computer.

rockymountainYYC, Oct 5, 2017
  3. Mocha2012 Win User
    Changing login password to my Lenovo with Windows 10

I just followed the steps you listed, but it looks like changing password for email account.

Since I put my email address as a log-in for my PC, I tried putting it as the "current password" and then the "new password". It doesn't work.

I want to change the "password" for signing into my PC. I accidentally used my email address when I set up the PC.

Mocha2012, Oct 5, 2017
  4. Password Doesn't Work on New Email Account

Hi Wynona.

You need to go into Outlook.com and under security find get an App password. Use this password. It will be long and complex. You will need to get one for your phone on certain apps.

This should only be necessary with two step engaged but it has been acting funny for me for the last six months. Since those big outages. I have two step on and I have to use my regular password. Can't explain it and life is to short to bother figuring out.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

Password Doesn't Work on New Email Account

1. Password Doesn't Work on New Email Account - Similar Threads - Password Doesn't Email

2. New Microsoft Child Account, Password Doesn't Work, Can't Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Microsoft Child Account, Password Doesn't Work, Can't Reset: I wanted to created an account on our Windows 11 laptop for my son so he could start learning to program after getting a Python book for Christmas. So, I went to Settings > Family & Other Users and setup a new Outlook.com account for him. However, when we try to login using...
  3. New Microsoft Child Account, Password Doesn't Work, Can't Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Microsoft Child Account, Password Doesn't Work, Can't Reset: I wanted to created an account on our Windows 11 laptop for my son so he could start learning to program after getting a Python book for Christmas. So, I went to Settings > Family & Other Users and setup a new Outlook.com account for him. However, when we try to login using...
  4. email accounts sign in passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    email accounts sign in passwords: Im to the point I just want to throw this laptop and windows into the trash. I dont understand why I keep making changes everyday and everyday I have to do it all again. Everything is so complicated. I tried to get my email so I added email account but everyday I tried to log...
  5. new email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new email account: I was unable to send or receive email after updates. Tecks installed Thunderbird . Is there a better one that is more like Live mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-email-account/09de1f53-7432-4a03-90c2-53fd6b2aaf6a
  6. Password changing on email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password changing on email account: Hi there, I have a problem which is stopping my email address working, think this started while altering and updating an estimate in my outlook file. The reason that I say this is that when I go into my email a/c to repair it the password says ve Estimate *******. I correct...
  7. Password doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password doesn't work: I was going outside keep my pc on. while came back I saw my pc is freezing then I restart my computer. then my pc show me this notice: your windows ran into problem.... . then I am going to safe mode with network....but I forgot my password traditional or local password. now...
  8. New Email Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Email Account: I've just added a new email account and I keep getting a sync error. All the details are the same as my other email with the same server. Any ideas what is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-email-account/8b732f99-68da-4d13-a708-0a504ebd1d87"
  9. new email not recognising password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new email not recognising password: I created a new email with outlook.com but it does not recognise the password that I created. It may be something to do with me syncing it with my other email account. I don't know how to resolve . Can someone help me...
  10. new email password not working in account settings.

in Browsers and Email
    new email password not working in account settings.: this has happened to me before and I've forgotten how to do this. My work email now changes my login password every 3 months the password doesn't work in my surface pro 4 settings. In the past, I've somehow had to get a windows generated password to enter in this...