Windows 10: Password entry twice

Discus and support Password entry twice in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My computer installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators update this last week. Since then on power up I have to enter the logon password twice. After... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lionwing, Jan 12, 2018.

1. lionwing Win User

Password entry twice

My computer installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators update this last week.

Since then on power up I have to enter the logon password twice.

After the first entry the logon screen "refreshes" and then requests the password. After the second entry the computer starts just fine.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

:)

lionwing, Jan 12, 2018

2. I have to login twice at welcome screen

When the Windows 10 boots up, I put in my password at the Welcome Screen. It seems to process, but then goes immediately back to the welcome screen and requires a second password entry (same password). So I'm being required to login twice every time I
    boot up. Can I disable one of those sign in screens on Windows 10?

Gracie Anderson, Jan 12, 2018
  3. Mage133 Win User
    Windows 10: Can't login to my Microsoft account

Hello!

As of this morning my W10 pc wont accept my Microsoft account password.

I've tried resetting my password twice, I made sure the password is correct by using the "eye button" on the password entry box.

I tried disconnecting my PC from the internet but that just results in the "your PC is offline use the last password used to log on" error.

At the moment I'm giving my PC the cold stare treatment.

Original Title: not accepting my password.

Mage133, Jan 12, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member
  5. lionwing Win User
    All fixed now.The "Netplwiz" command worked.Thank you.

lionwing, Jan 13, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Password entry twice

1. Password entry twice - Similar Threads - Password entry twice

2. Endless Microsoft store password entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless Microsoft store password entry: Hello, quite a while ago I had an error when logging into another Microsoft Store account. After I try to enter the password for the new account, it is entered, but then I am again transferred to the password entry window. Help me solve this problem please...
  3. password entry screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password entry screen: Since the Feature Update to 21H1 when I start my computer and get passed the annoying welcome lock screen, the password entry screen sometimes does not appear - just a blank blue screen!! The only way I have found to move on is to shut down my computer and start again!!Anyone...
  4. password entry screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password entry screen: Since the Feature Update to 21H1 when I start my computer and get passed the annoying welcome lock screen, the password entry screen sometimes does not appear - just a blank blue screen!! The only way I have found to move on is to shut down my computer and start again!!Anyone...
  5. password entry screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Admin password asked twice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password asked twice: Each time I change a user setting, the admin password is required twice. For example, when doing any changes to DNS - DoH. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-asked-twice/8f5dc88e-096e-44dd-b8bd-bd154daa928f
  7. Darium Password Entry Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Darium Password Entry Issue: Diarium will not allow me to insert the alphbetical components of my password but will allow the numerical digets. It was working this morning. Two hours later I can not access it. Keyboard works fine for all other software and apps as does the virtual keyboard. Laptop has...
  8. Password entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password entry: I turn my computer off during the day. When signing in at night I'm often prompted to sign in to my Microsoft account because of account issues. I sign in problem solved. is this the norm?...
  9. Bitlocker asks for password twice

Bitlocker asks for password twice: My client has an Acer laptop with Windows 10 Pro. There is no TPM chip so we have to enter a password at pre-boot. The thing is, it always asks for this password twice. I know I an entering the correct data, and after I enter it the second time the machine boots as...
  10. BitLocker Password Entry

BitLocker Password Entry: I attempted to use BitLocker on my system drive. I do not have TPM so used the Group Policy Editor to enable. After the first few steps were followed, a PC restart was requested. On restarting I see the blue screen asking for my BitLocker Password (Yes I do know it!)...