Windows 10: Password entry

Discus and support Password entry in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I turn my computer off during the day. When signing in at night I'm often prompted to sign in to my Microsoft account because of account issues. I sign... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stevecolwell, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Password entry

I turn my computer off during the day. When signing in at night I'm often prompted to sign in to my Microsoft account because of account issues. I sign in problem solved. is this the norm?

:)

stevecolwell, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Auto entry of password

Hi Robert,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. Are you unable to sign out and sign in with the new username and password?

2. What exactly is the website that you are referring to?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to try clearing the browser history and cache and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps provided in the help article below:

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

View and delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer

Disclaimer : Clearing the history will remove all saved entries and passwords.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the bank's support site for further assistance as this is a site related issue. They will be better suited to guide you with this.

If you have any Windows related issue, let us know. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Password entry

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Password entry

1. Password entry - Similar Threads - Password entry

2. How do I set up pins on other apps instead of using passwords, like email for example;

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set up pins on other apps instead of using passwords, like email for example;: How do I switch all my logins to pin numbers instead of passwords. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-pins-on-other-apps-instead-of/6d63d1b9-2716-4104-a1fc-21e57e35f9d8
  3. add time between password entry and link to local folders to OneNote for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add time between password entry and link to local folders to OneNote for Windows: I have used OneNote 2016 for years, and from time to time check out OneNote for Windows 10 to see if it's got the features that are important to me so I can switch over. Two things about OneNote for Windows 10 are still a problem for me. 1) There seems to be no option to...
  4. Google Apps Password Problem? Unauthorized Entry Into PCs & Phones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Apps Password Problem? Unauthorized Entry Into PCs & Phones: I have no idea if this is the correct forum... My sister is separated from he husband and when he left he took her Windows 10 laptop and her Chromebook. She eventually got them back by involving the police, but since then he's been able to access her computers and phone....
  5. Startup splash screen will NOT go to login password entry line. Does anyone have a solution...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup splash screen will NOT go to login password entry line. Does anyone have a solution...: Startup splash screen will NOT go to login password entry line. Does anyone have a solution to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-splash-screen-will-not-go-to-login/d59a0017-dcb7-44ef-8dbb-6030fe0d63eb
  6. Long delay before password entry box is shown on logon screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long delay before password entry box is shown on logon screen.: Laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. This is an old laptop and the CPU benchmark is around 2,000. It has 4 GB of RAM and 5,400 RPM hard drive. It runs most of the errands fine. However, recently it started to slow down significantly at the logon screen. Once it wakes...
  7. BitLocker Password Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Password Entry: I attempted to use BitLocker on my system drive. I do not have TPM so used the Group Policy Editor to enable. After the first few steps were followed, a PC restart was requested. On restarting I see the blue screen asking for my BitLocker Password (Yes I do know it!)...
  8. Password entry twice

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password entry twice: My computer installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators update this last week. Since then on power up I have to enter the logon password twice. After the first entry the logon screen "refreshes" and then requests the password. After the second entry the computer starts just...
  9. Automatic entry of Welcome Screen Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automatic entry of Welcome Screen Password?: When my Windows Ten Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop boots up, I need to enter a password to get to the Welcome Screen. Can I have that password entered by the system instead of me typing it in each time? If so, how do I do that. Thanks, Sam K. 37492
  10. Sartup>login box>Password entry erratic.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sartup>login box>Password entry erratic.: Usually W10 works fine, get to password entry screen> enter password & Bingo, my desktop. After the latest quite large update (May not be connected) entering my PW has become erratic.: I can type it in but nothing shows in the box. I can type it in and it seems to...