Windows 10: Password error message

Discus and support Password error message in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just got a laptop HP. When I try to switch out of S mode in the Microsoft store, it is not accepting my password saying it is temporarily locked and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by jgirl_12, Feb 21, 2021.

1. jgirl_12 Win User

Password error message

I just got a laptop HP. When I try to switch out of S mode in the Microsoft store, it is not accepting my password saying it is temporarily locked and to try again later. I have tried numerous times after waiting several hours between attempts. I am using the same password I use to log in my email and account settings on this laptop. I also tried other recent passwords. I don’t know why my password is not working to get me out of S mode. Help please!

:)

jgirl_12, Feb 21, 2021

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Feb 21, 2021
  4. n2bn2b Win User

Password error message

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Password error message

1. Password error message - Similar Threads - Password error message

2. "password will expire" message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "password will expire" message: I have a new Windows 11 desktop. I got a message saying "Your password will expire in 4 days". What password? What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-will-expire-message/1c34fad4-f6dd-443b-bbaf-35b0a0a66e77
  3. "password will expire" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "password will expire" message: I have a new Windows 11 desktop. I got a message saying "Your password will expire in 4 days". What password? What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-will-expire-message/1c34fad4-f6dd-443b-bbaf-35b0a0a66e77
  4. Error message says that my password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message says that my password is incorrect: When opening Windows Live Mail, it asks for my user name and password. I get an error message that says that my password is incorrect. I changed my password yesterday as I wanted a new password and have made sure the box is checked that says to remember my password. What do...
  5. Error message says that my password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message says that my password is incorrect: When opening Windows Live Mail, it asks for my user name and password. I get an error message that says that my password is incorrect. I changed my password yesterday as I wanted a new password and have made sure the box is checked that says to remember my password. What do...
  6. Incorrect password message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect password message: For several days now, I've gotten an 'Incorrect Password' message when unlocking my computer. This never used to happen and I know I'm slowly entering the correct password-caps lock is not on. I can't even click on OK after the error message because it's greyed out-the only...
  7. Live 2011 error message requiring password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live 2011 error message requiring password: I can compose and send emails but I can't receive messages. I get a window requiring the password. Inputting does not allow new messages to download. No changes have been made to Live. In a previous version, I would get this message but I was able to leave the window open and...
  8. Getting error message: The password is incorrect, Try again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Getting error message: The password is incorrect, Try again: Hello, i was doing some cleanup and updates today and after a restart, it doesn't recognize my password anymore. I have an Aesus laptop, windows 10 I have changed my password using another computer and still cannot log in. The screen shows my name, the password field and...
  9. Removing password in Windows 10 resulted in error messages

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing password in Windows 10 resulted in error messages: I bought a new HP Pavilion laptop from Costco. I tried removing the need for a PIN or password on startup and now I keep getting this error message: WE ARE UNABLE TO CONNECT RIGHT NOW. PLEASE CHECK YOUR NETWORK AND TRY AGAIN LATER. But there is nothing wrong with my...
  10. Password is incorrect error message. It is a local acct and the pw is

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password is incorrect error message. It is a local acct and the pw is: HP notebook computer with Windows 10 64 bit. This is a local account, I do not have a Microsoft acct on this computer. I logged in to the computer then put it aside for a few minutes, when I picked it up, I the screensaver was on and I used the same password to log in. I got...