Windows 10: Password Error when mapping a Drive

Discus and support Password Error when mapping a Drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have 2 computers running windows 10, I was attempting to map a network drive and kept getting errors. To debug I decided to go the the computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PJN4, Nov 15, 2020.

1. PJN4 Win User

Password Error when mapping a Drive

I have 2 computers running windows 10, I was attempting to map a network drive and kept getting errors. To debug I decided to go the the computer that had the drive and to map it to itself.

With no user name/password this worked correctly

C:\Users\pjn4>net use y: \\LAPTOP-LTTRR2H0\Paul-Data

The command completed successfully.

C:\Users\pjn4>net use /del y:
    y: was deleted successfully.

Using username but no password this also worked

C:\Users\pjn4>net use y: \\LAPTOP-LTTRR2H0\Paul-Data /USER:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

The command completed successfully.

C:\Users\pjn4>net use /del y:
    y: was deleted successfully.

Using username and password it fails. This is the same username/password that is used to log into the laptop
    There is a long delay before it fails

C:\Users\pjn4>net use y: \\LAPTOP-LTTRR2H0\Paul-Data /USER:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** xxx

System error 1326 has occurred.

The user name or password is incorrect.

Any suggestions on how to fix or how to debug would be appreciated

Paul

:)

2. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    I need to map a drive to the D: drive on another computer

No, it's saying that on this computer you already have a drive letter mapped to the other computer's D: drive. By default a mapping you made previously is reconnected after rebooting. Type net use to see a list of exiting mappings. Type net use x: /delete to disconnect the existing mapping (change 'x:' to the letter you actually have mapped).

Yes, and replace 'password' with your password.

4. rhegde Win User

Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Password Error when mapping a Drive - Similar Threads - Password Error mapping

2. recover password used to login into a mapped drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover password used to login into a mapped drive: Is it possible to recover a pwd to a mapped network drive? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-password-used-to-login-into-a-mapped-drive/dc16cafc-7761-4ee9-9e73-fa36ec1a8c0c
  3. recover password used to login into a mapped drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover password used to login into a mapped drive: Is it possible to recover a pwd to a mapped network drive? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-password-used-to-login-into-a-mapped-drive/dc16cafc-7761-4ee9-9e73-fa36ec1a8c0c
  4. recover password used to login into a mapped drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Map network drive error "The user's password must be changed before logging in for the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map network drive error "The user's password must be changed before logging in for the...: Hello. I have a NAS at home running Linux. The server name is Debian, and the folder is media. There is a Samba share on that NAS that I'm trying to map in Windows 11 Home.It was working at one point, but then the IP address changed. When I attempt to map the network drive as...
  6. Map network drive error "The user's password must be changed before logging in for the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map network drive error "The user's password must be changed before logging in for the...: Hello. I have a NAS at home running Linux. The server name is Debian, and the folder is media. There is a Samba share on that NAS that I'm trying to map in Windows 11 Home.It was working at one point, but then the IP address changed. When I attempt to map the network drive as...
  7. How to retrieve network mapped drive Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to retrieve network mapped drive Password: Long ago I have mapped a network share folder from my NAS storage as Z drive in my pc. It is still connected and accessible, but I forgot the password. I also cannot remember the credential to access NAS via its web-interface or directly. Is there a way I can retrieve the...
  8. mapping/mapped drives

mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  9. Mapped Drive

Mapped Drive: Hello, I have two mapped network drives, one is 1 tb, the other is 10tb. The issue is that when I go into This PC in the file explorer, windows shows that they have 87.7mb free of 92.9mb. This is true for all drives mapped, no matter the size or what is on them. This...
  10. Mapped Drive Runtime error 3044

Mapped Drive Runtime error 3044: Hello, I have an issue which I hope somebody can shed some light on. We have an application which was written during the time of Windows XP. This application looks for a Microsoft Access Database file on our server via a mapped drive, for example the path is "G:\Despatch...