Windows 10: Password Expired, Unable to Log onto Windows 10 Desktop

Discus and support Password Expired, Unable to Log onto Windows 10 Desktop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Apparently, my password to log onto the desktop expired and I'm unable to log in. When I click on "Reset Password", it asks me for a "reset disk",... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sunny1919, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Sunny1919 Win User

Password Expired, Unable to Log onto Windows 10 Desktop

Apparently, my password to log onto the desktop expired and I'm unable to log in. When I click on "Reset Password", it asks me for a "reset disk", which I do not have. I was able to get into Command Prompt, and tried "net user <username> <new password>," but my regular username brought up "no file found." The only username that appeared to change anything was "administrator", but my new password does not work on the login prompt.

Don't know if this is important, but I had to have the pc serviced by the manufacturer, HP, and the username was left at HP rather than my regular username. However, typing "HP" as a username also produces the "no file found" message via Command Prompt.

I have Windows 10 version 1905 if that helps.

This is a fairly new device and barely used, which is quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

:)

Sunny1919, Sep 27, 2020

2. Unable to log-in to the laptop and desktop using password on Windows 10

Hi Blanca,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with logging-in to your computer, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to log-in to your computer after entering the user name and password?
    • How exactly have you tried to reset your account password?
    • Are you using the same Hotmail account you tried to rest the password to log-in to your device?

I suggest you to boot your device to Safe mode from log-in screen, try to enter user name and password and check if the issue persist.

Refer:
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Password Expired, Unable to Log onto Windows 10 Desktop

Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Password Expired, Unable to Log onto Windows 10 Desktop

1. Password Expired, Unable to Log onto Windows 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - Password Expired Unable

2. Unable to log onto Windows 10, display flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log onto Windows 10, display flashing: Turned on pc. Display flashing blue-black continuously. Get the mouse in a certain location, flashing stops and login screen appears. Cursor appears in PASSWORD field. I enter password, hit ENTER, and flashing starts again. No matter where I click on display, flashing will...
  3. Unable to log onto Windows 10, display flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log onto Windows 10, display flashing: Turned on pc. Display flashing blue-black continuously. Get the mouse in a certain location, flashing stops and login screen appears. Cursor appears in PASSWORD field. I enter password, hit ENTER, and flashing starts again. No matter where I click on display, flashing will...
  4. Unable to log onto Windows 10, display flashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to log onto network computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to log onto network computer: I am unable to log onto my second Win 10 computer. I am using the same credentials I use to log on directly but they are not working from the other computer....
  6. Cannot log onto desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot log onto desktop: Logging onto computer. Computer has restarted itself and I now have to log in using a password instead of pin. I haven’t used a password before. I have tried using Microsoft password but it won’t work. Don’t know what to do....
  7. Password expiration on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password expiration on Windows 10: How do I disable password expiration on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-expiration-on-windows-10/552502a1-8b19-4717-b0de-00555a8db2b6
  8. I can't log onto my Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log onto my Windows 10 Desktop: I shut down my Windows 10 desktop to replace a video cable. When I booted up and got to the log in screen I entered my 4 digit PIN. It would not accept it and I was told the password was wrong. I used the password reset and updated a new password. Everything seemed to work...
  9. Unable to log onto Laptop

in Cortana
    Unable to log onto Laptop: I purchased an EVOO 10.1" Ultra Thin Laptop, Quad Core Processor, 2GB Memory, 32GB Storage, Mini HDMI, Front Camera, Windows 10 Home, for my daughter and she has tried multiple times to create an account on another computer and proceeded to try to log onto the EVOO laptop...
  10. Unable to log onto PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to log onto PC: Hi! For the last couple of days my PC with Windows 10 has been experiencing problems with my password used to log onto the PC. Yesterday i was for example only able to log in after maybe 30 attempts but today i have not been able to log in at all. I have checked my...