Windows 10: Password expires before password age

Discus and support Password expires before password age in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm facing with issue that user password expires randomly before password age. I checked the policy and did not found any changed or wrong setting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LuSang029, Apr 8, 2021.

1. LuSang029 Win User

Password expires before password age

I'm facing with issue that user password expires randomly before password age.

I checked the policy and did not found any changed or wrong setting with password age.

Password expires before password age 4ca5aa05-e435-4a96-abd9-bf800dda0a8b?upload=true.png

Password expires before password age a2fa3c77-60ec-43ab-82e1-ded23ab7afca?upload=true.png

:)

LuSang029, Apr 8, 2021

2. Password expires despite unlimited password age

That's an interesting observation. When I looked at available options for this setting, I see 0-999, nothing else. I should mention that I use Windows 10 Home 1809 and although I have access to local security policy, I'm not certain it functions. That said, the options should be same.

Password expires before password age [​IMG]

W10 Tweaker, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Password expires despite unlimited password age

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...0days%20to%200.
    Unlimited is not mentioned as an acceptable value for the password age, does it just call it that, put that in there?
    Did you set it to 0 or -1?

Reference
    The Maximum password age policy setting determines the period of time (in days) that a password can be used before the system requires the user to change it. You can set passwords to expire after a number of days between 1 and 999, or you can specify that passwords never expire by setting the number of days to 0. If Maximum password age is between 1 and 999 days, the minimum password age must be less than the maximum password age. If Maximum password age is set to 0, Minimum password age can be any value between 0 and 998 days.Note: Setting Maximum password age to -1 is equivalent to 0, which means it never expires. Setting it to any other negative number is equivalent to setting it to Not Defined.

sdowney717, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Password expires before password age

Password expires despite unlimited password age

As this is a home edition of windows I cannot use that service. What I can do is show below.

Password must meet complexity requirements is shown as disabled, but is still being enforced.

Zetland Paul, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Password expires before password age

1. Password expires before password age - Similar Threads - Password expires before

2. Password Expiration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Expiration: I don't want my login password to expire in windows 10. How do I change this setting so it doesn't expire. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-expiration/e9769e7c-fba5-49f2-a5b5-dac99ac38e53
  3. Password expires despite unlimited password age

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password expires despite unlimited password age: Hi, Windows 10 Home is asking me to change the password for my local account. It is also enforcing complexity rules and remembering past passwords. As far as I can see it should not be doing so. I have noticed that something is resetting PasswordExpires=TRUE. I can reset...
  4. windows 10 administrator password expired

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 administrator password expired: hi my windows administrator account password has expired and was not notified that i have to change it and I have no idea how i can login or change my password as certain apps require administrator account password I am stuck here please help how can I fix this issue....
  5. Windows 10 password expired?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 password expired?: I got back in by just pressing the right arrow because I don't have a password. Is there anyway to switch the expiry date off or extend it. submitted by /u/Codeline7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk9sei/windows_10_password_expired/
  6. Password expiration on Windows 10

Password expiration on Windows 10: How do I disable password expiration on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-expiration-on-windows-10/552502a1-8b19-4717-b0de-00555a8db2b6
  7. the users password must be changed before signing in no password

the users password must be changed before signing in no password: https://imgur.com/a/KJjh6qB I'm currently encountering this problem However when i put a password of the email in order to change it it doesn't work submitted by /u/_mkrfs [link] [comments]...
  8. Password set to never expire with GPO

Password set to never expire with GPO: Hey, I Modified our GPO for Password policy to never expire (maximum password age = 0), I confirmed that the GPO took effect on all computers and on DC, but users passwords are still expiring (i confirmed they are not old expirations). submitted by /u/TeqWize [link]...
  9. Cannot renew password expired

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot renew password expired: Hello, I meet a big issue concern about the renewal of passwords on several workstations in Windows 10 Pro (versions 1903 and 1909). User passwords expire every 90 days. Several users have encountered the same problem when their password expires: when they enter their...
  10. How do I get the remaining days left for the Maximum password age to expire?

How do I get the remaining days left for the Maximum password age to expire?: I need it for monitoring and informing the users their Maximum password age's remaining days. Suppose you have: Date the Group Policy last edited: 1 day ago Maximum password age: 3 days How do get two days remaining?...