Windows 10: Password expires before password age

Discus and support Password expires before password age in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm facing with issue that user password expires randomly before password age. I checked the policy and did not found any changed or wrong setting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LuSang029, Apr 8, 2021.

1. LuSang029 Win User

Password expires before password age

I'm facing with issue that user password expires randomly before password age.

I checked the policy and did not found any changed or wrong setting with password age.

Password expires before password age 4ca5aa05-e435-4a96-abd9-bf800dda0a8b?upload=true.png

Password expires before password age a2fa3c77-60ec-43ab-82e1-ded23ab7afca?upload=true.png

:)

LuSang029, Apr 8, 2021

2. Password expires despite unlimited password age

That's an interesting observation. When I looked at available options for this setting, I see 0-999, nothing else. I should mention that I use Windows 10 Home 1809 and although I have access to local security policy, I'm not certain it functions. That said, the options should be same.

Password expires before password age [​IMG]

W10 Tweaker, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Password expires despite unlimited password age

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...0days%20to%200.
    Unlimited is not mentioned as an acceptable value for the password age, does it just call it that, put that in there?
    Did you set it to 0 or -1?

Reference
    The Maximum password age policy setting determines the period of time (in days) that a password can be used before the system requires the user to change it. You can set passwords to expire after a number of days between 1 and 999, or you can specify that passwords never expire by setting the number of days to 0. If Maximum password age is between 1 and 999 days, the minimum password age must be less than the maximum password age. If Maximum password age is set to 0, Minimum password age can be any value between 0 and 998 days.Note: Setting Maximum password age to -1 is equivalent to 0, which means it never expires. Setting it to any other negative number is equivalent to setting it to Not Defined.

sdowney717, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Password expires before password age

Password expires despite unlimited password age

As this is a home edition of windows I cannot use that service. What I can do is show below.

Password must meet complexity requirements is shown as disabled, but is still being enforced.

Zetland Paul, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Password expires before password age

1. Password expires before password age - Similar Threads - Password expires before

2. Password age policies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password age policies: Hello,I have configured and assigned password age policy 90 days but password age effected default policy 42 days.I checked my computer password age policies if it is 42 days or 90 days. It was 90 days.Where else do I need to check?...
  3. Password expiration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password expiration: Greetings. I have Windows 11 Home Edition, and every month I'm getting a password expiraton notice. Is it possible to disable this annoying feature permamantly? I've searched the web and all I come up with is how to disable password expiation in Windows 10 and Windows 11, but...
  4. Password expiration

Password expiration: Greetings. I have Windows 11 Home Edition, and every month I'm getting a password expiraton notice. Is it possible to disable this annoying feature permamantly? I've searched the web and all I come up with is how to disable password expiation in Windows 10 and Windows 11, but...
  5. Password expiration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password expiration: The Surface Pro 7 tablet running on Windows 10 prompts for a password reset. How can I stop this from happening? I have found answers but they don't work using netplwiz, control panel, etc.. Yet I also see Microsoft references that indicate this can be done....
  6. Password expiration

Password expiration: The Surface Pro 7 tablet running on Windows 10 prompts for a password reset. How can I stop this from happening? I have found answers but they don't work using netplwiz, control panel, etc.. Yet I also see Microsoft references that indicate this can be done....
  7. Password expiration

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Expiring Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Expiring Passwords: Yesterday when I attempted to sign into my computer, it said I had to change my password, which I did. Then I found directions on how to prevent it from happening again - so I never have to change it again. I understand it happens every 6 weeks. These are the directions I...
  9. Password Expiration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Expiration: I don't want my login password to expire in windows 10. How do I change this setting so it doesn't expire. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-expiration/e9769e7c-fba5-49f2-a5b5-dac99ac38e53
  10. Password expires despite unlimited password age

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password expires despite unlimited password age: Hi, Windows 10 Home is asking me to change the password for my local account. It is also enforcing complexity rules and remembering past passwords. As far as I can see it should not be doing so. I have noticed that something is resetting PasswordExpires=TRUE. I can reset...