Windows 10: Password Fails on Login

Discus and support Password Fails on Login in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently signed in under someone else's name because I can't log in to Microsoft on the login screen. I can log in successfully anytime after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WW118, Oct 12, 2021.

1. WW118 Win User

Password Fails on Login

I am currently signed in under someone else's name because I can't log in to Microsoft on the login screen. I can log in successfully anytime after that--my password works everywhere else. But it says wrong password on the login screen, and for different reasons I am unable to set up a PIN. I want to remove the other person's name but cannot until I can log in myself. Even when I say I forgot my password and change it right then it says it's the wrong password, so I have to resort to logging in as the other person. Help!

:)

WW118, Oct 12, 2021

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 12, 2021
  3. donnyb Win User
    No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Password Fails on Login

Failed to login into dlink dnr-202l using microsoft edge

Hi Kalpana,

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested; but the same issue showed where failed to login with user ID and password; however, the same user ID and password work when using Internet Explorer.

First steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge
    • Click more options (...)
    • Select "Settings"
    • Click button "Choose what to clear" under "Clear browsing data"
    • "Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files" are selected.
    • Click "Clear" button
    • Open new tab by clicking "+" sign
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Second steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge in private mode
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Please let me know, if there is anything I can provide to solve this issue.

Regards,

Glasgow

Shadow Eagle, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Password Fails on Login

1. Password Fails on Login - Similar Threads - Password Fails Login

2. login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  3. login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  4. Password Fails on Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Fails on Login: I am currently signed in under someone else's name because I can't log in to Microsoft on the login screen. I can log in successfully anytime after that--my password works everywhere else. But it says wrong password on the login screen, and for different reasons I am unable...
  5. Old Laptop fails to login, despite correct password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old Laptop fails to login, despite correct password?: I reset my Microsoft e-mail password, connected to WiFi and tried to login. However, it gets stuck on "Welcome" loading circle for maybe 4 minutes before returning me to the login screen. The password is correct. It doesn't tell me the password is wrong or anything.. Is...
  6. login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login password: how do I change login password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/235e3c62-4d2c-42b6-aa52-421eb38c059d"
  7. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After entering password it’s user profile login failed: After entering password “ user login failed” comes up and i can’t get into my surface. ***Moved From: Windows 10/Desktop, Start, & personalization/General***...
  8. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    After entering password it’s user profile login failed: After entering password “ user login failed” comes up and i can’t get into my surface. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-entering-password-its-user-profile-login/c5c69ccd-098b-421f-9687-464b154d55a0
  9. login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password: How do I disable the login password? I've tried changing my password and leaving the new one blank but I just get an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/login-password/71f13d7c-2ac8-4f79-98e4-66047ccb4583
  10. Password login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password login: Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option >...