Windows 10: password fails

Discus and support password fails in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time I log into my hotmail or Skype and enter the password, it always says that password is incorrect. I have to then change my password to log... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AshwiniTelang, Jun 30, 2020.

1. password fails

Every time I log into my hotmail or Skype and enter the password, it always says that password is incorrect. I have to then change my password to log in. Its super annoying. I cannot even see the password I am entering. I badly need some help because logging into hotmail, or skype or Xbox is not fun anymore because I know that I have to change my password.

:)

AshwiniTelang, Jun 30, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 30, 2020
  4. password fails

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

password fails

1. password fails - Similar Threads - password fails

2. Old Laptop fails to login, despite correct password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old Laptop fails to login, despite correct password?: I reset my Microsoft e-mail password, connected to WiFi and tried to login. However, it gets stuck on "Welcome" loading circle for maybe 4 minutes before returning me to the login screen. The password is correct. It doesn't tell me the password is wrong or anything.. Is...
  3. Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct.: Hi, I cannot login using either password or pin, it says "your credential could not be verify" if I use the pin. for password it says "you can reset it from the lockscreen or at account.live.com/password/reset". I am confident that I type in my correct password or pin....
  4. Upgraded Edge Browser, now all Outlook 2019 account passwords fail and Microsoft Sync...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgraded Edge Browser, now all Outlook 2019 account passwords fail and Microsoft Sync...: I recently upgraded my Edge browser to the newest version. Immediately after my Outlook 2019 lost my login passwords for multiple accounts. Additionally, my Microsoft Account Sync fails to login when i start up windows. I've tried creating specialized passwords for my AT&T...
  5. Disabling the auto delete after failed password attempts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling the auto delete after failed password attempts?: Hi so I am wondering, does windows 10 have the setting where the computer auto-deletes all information after a certain number of failed password attempts? I don't want even remotely a chance to lose everything I have (which also means I should get a backup storage device. Any...
  6. Failed PIN entry not being allowed--asks to reset PIN or use password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Failed PIN entry not being allowed--asks to reset PIN or use password: I'm on Windows 10 version 1903. I have PIN entry enabled. However, I've found that after a recent update (or might have been further back), if I initially make a mistake entering my PIN when coming out of Sleep mode, Windows does not prompt me to retry. Instead I get some...
  7. Windows 10 startup failing in a regular pattern after password entry.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 startup failing in a regular pattern after password entry.: Hi All Having an issue where when I try log in after booting the pc, the password is accepted but then all i see is a black screen with the task bar and the screen begins flickering. - I can CTRL+ALT+DEL - I try click Task Manager and it does nothing. If i try restart, it...
  8. Reconnect network drives fails if I disable "Users must enter a username and password to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reconnect network drives fails if I disable "Users must enter a username and password to...: I just installed Windows 10 Home 1909 on an Intel NUC. I have another Win 10 tower PC that maps all my NAS network drives just fine, with user log-in to the PC disabled. On the NUC and via the same network switch to the NAS, Windows reconnect to the network drives is broken...
  9. SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_ UNLOAD What failed: mrxsmb.sys password...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_ UNLOAD What failed: mrxsmb.sys password...: I have this error on my PC and have tried following these instructions to resove the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/irql-caught-improper-driver/28976041-810d-4ef4-9aeb-5270cb801de5 When i try and run the option to repair my PC it asks me for...
  10. Can Log into my MS account on MS webpage, but password fails on normal pc log in, plus...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Log into my MS account on MS webpage, but password fails on normal pc log in, plus...: Hi Guys, A few days ago my pc did an update and then started asking me to sign in every time. I used Netplwiz to access the option to turn off "sign in every time", however this box was already ticked. So I left it alone. On the next boot-up I was presented with two local...