Windows 10: Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation.

Discus and support Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have a user who does not see the login field for her to enter her windows login password. This occurs when she opens up her laptop returning... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Michelle_89_, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation.

Hello,

I have a user who does not see the login field for her to enter her windows login password. This occurs when she opens up her laptop returning from hibernation mode. It seems like holding ctrl alt delete for a few seconds prompts the login field allowing her to enter her password. It is a temporary fix.

Steps I tried:

-ran diagnostics-everything is fine

-ran netplwiz>Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete-check box if you want to disable the CTRL+ALT+DELETE sequence. Click Apply/OK > Exit.

-was never checked

Any ideas as to how to find the root cause?

**Modified title from: Original No login field to enter password win 10 when coming back from hibernation-need to hold ctrl alt delete for a few seconds***

:)

Michelle_89_, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Window 10 login password field missing, no power button

That's not the login screen in your screenshot, that look's like the Lock Screen to me. It's supposed to clear if you click anywhere on the screen (or press any key) to then reveal the login screen. Sometimes it appears to get stuck on the lock screen.

Apparently if you click-and-drag from the bottom of the screen to the top is may reveal the login screen...

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

Bree, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Aliva82 Win User
    Window 10 login password field missing, no power button

Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation. [​IMG]

Hi i got a window 10 login password field missing with no power button to choose for.

I think i had try to use the shutdown 3 times in order to go in for reset mode. i dun have amy system restore point right now. i cant get into my pc beyond the welcome page for the past 3 days. As you see the screenshot i got the mouse, connect and ease of access. But i am unable to type in the password coz there is no field for me to write. I try to set reformat my pc.. but i need to access my files

I need help. Please..

Aliva82, Nov 8, 2018
  4. TIE
    tie Win User

Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation.

Can't Login - missing user/password field

Hello,

I'm having an issue that's preventing me from logging into my Lenovo Thinkpad T410 with Windows 10. Previously you could swipe your finger on the fingerprint scanner to both turn the computer on, and login. Since the Windows 10 upgrade, that was no longer supported, so the power button would be pressed, which would take you to the Windows login screen, at which point a finger swipe would handle the Windows login, and bring you to the desktop.

Yesterday, when trying to start up, at the Login screen, the fingerprint scan did nothing. On the rare occasion over the years when there'd be an issue with the fingreprint scanner, pressing a key would bring up the ability to enter the Windows password. However, when I tried to do so yesterday, it would just slightly magnify the background picture, now revealing the Internet, Accessability and Power buttons in the lower right, but nothing else. There were no Users listed in the middle, and no place to enter a password.

I've searched for hours for solutions, and have not come across many similar situations, which is unusual. I saw suggestions to hold Shift, then Restart in order to bring up the ability to boot in Safe Mode, but that doesn't work (even holding Shift throughout), it only brings you back to the login screen. Other suggestions all revolve around changing settings once into Windows, but I'm never able to get to the desktop.

I did make a recovery CD on another Thinkpad, which does get me to some "Troubleshooting" options. I have tried System Restore, to no avail, as well as Startup Repair. The first System Restore was able to bring it to a previous Restore Point of several days ago, but I still couldn't login. Now it will go through the motions and say that the Restore failed.

The little LED by the fingerprint scanner has only come up on a couple of reboots, which leads me to believe there's an issue with it. But in the past if there's been a problem (maybe the driver didn't load or something) Windows says it's having a problem and give the option of using a password. None of that this time. Alternatively it's as if the Users have been eliminated.

I'd greatly appreciate and suggestions.

-

Thema:

Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation.

1. Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation. - Similar Threads - Password field missing

2. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  3. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  4. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  5. Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation: On my Lenovo Yoga C940 running Windows 10 Pro 21H1, I have the issue of a flickering black screen when I resume the device from hibernation and I move the mouse or glidepad cursor around the screen touch screen is working without issues.I have reinstalled the system from...
  6. Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation: On my Lenovo Yoga C940 running Windows 10 Pro 21H1, I have the issue of a flickering black screen when I resume the device from hibernation and I move the mouse or glidepad cursor around the screen touch screen is working without issues.I have reinstalled the system from...
  7. Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation

8. WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE: I recently Updated my Windows from 1803 to 1909 because I got a notification saying "my current build version is nearing end of service". After I updated it, I noticed my PC took time to boot completely and I am someone who works frequently with my PC so I always have files...
  9. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation: I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following: Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer. Updated drivers Turn off fast start up Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt USB...
  10. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289