Windows 10: password for admin user not working

Discus and support password for admin user not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot sign-in to my administrative user account. my password does not work. help please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by &then&then, Sep 13, 2020.

1. password for admin user not working

I cannot sign-in to my administrative user account. my password does not work. help please.

:)

&then&then, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

4. Shoshi Win User

password for admin user not working

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

password for admin user not working

1. password for admin user not working - Similar Threads - password admin user

2. Admin password in child user doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin password in child user doesn't work: Hi everyone,I recently added a user in Windows 10 for my kid. When logging into his user, I saw that for some reason my desktop was sort of duplicated on his newly minted user's desktop. When trying to delete all the shortcuts from there which are blocked anyhow, I saw the...
  3. Admin password in child user doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin password in child user doesn't work: Hi everyone,I recently added a user in Windows 10 for my kid. When logging into his user, I saw that for some reason my desktop was sort of duplicated on his newly minted user's desktop. When trying to delete all the shortcuts from there which are blocked anyhow, I saw the...
  4. Admin password in child user doesn't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin user name and password: When I receive a notice that there is a newer version of one of my browsers and I try to have it downloaded I am asked for an admin user name and password. Is there a way I can find out this information?...
  6. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD: Please help Me with this, i cant access some downloads and changes. it will always direct me into this.USER ACCOUNT CONTROLDo you want to allow this app to make changes to your device ?USER ACCOUNTS CONTROL PANELVerified publisher: Microsoft WindowsCLSID:...
  7. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD: Please help Me with this, i cant access some downloads and changes. it will always direct me into this.USER ACCOUNT CONTROLDo you want to allow this app to make changes to your device ?USER ACCOUNTS CONTROL PANELVerified publisher: Microsoft WindowsCLSID:...
  8. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. user admin. password change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    user admin. password change: Im trying to download apps and cant and keep getting kicked off internet. I bought this from some guy at the store and am being told I cant do anything like make any changes in settings unless I know the admin. user password. I need to learn how to bypass that or just reset...
  10. admin user name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin user name and password: For my new Epson printer installation I need the admin user name and password. Where is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-user-name-and-password/9ba56dfd-a552-4441-80f5-d36eebcd60c4"